The 2016-17 College football thread

I am always baffled at the amount of 5* QBs that Les Miles recruits, that just completely forget how to play QB when they get in to the LSU system.

You're baffled, we are perplexed, confused, and some of us are down right angry about the lack of production out the QB position.

I'm not as perplexed, in state LA doesn't produce QBs at the same quality or rate as other positions. We have to recruit that position mostly out of state.

Look at the starting QBs of the Miles Era:
JaMarcus Russell- AL
Matt Flynn- TX
Ryan Perrioux- LA (kicked off the team before Jr year)
Jarrett Lee- TX
Jordan Jefferson- LA (recruited as a TE)
Zach Mettenburger- GA (Juco transfer)
Anthony Jennings- GA (transferred)
Brandon Harris- LA

This list doesn't include guys who decided to play baseball or transferred out and never started. It's amazing that Miles has won 80% of his games, this QB situation.

You're baffled, we are perplexed, confused, and some of us are down right angry about the lack of production out the QB position.

I'm not as perplexed, in state LA doesn't produce QBs at the same quality or rate as other positions. We have to recruit that position mostly out of state.

Look at the starting QBs of the Miles Era:
JaMarcus Russell- AL
Matt Flynn- TX
Ryan Perrioux- LA (kicked off the team before Jr year)
Jarrett Lee- TX
Jordan Jefferson- LA (recruited as a TE)
Zach Mettenburger- GA (Juco transfer)
Anthony Jennings- GA (transferred)
Brandon Harris- LA

This list doesn't include guys who decided to play baseball or transferred out and never started. It's amazing that Miles has won 80% of his games, this QB situation.
I see a list of pretty strong qbs, the latter half just haven't panned out for alot of different reasons.

I don't understand why Miles continues to be infatuated with mobile qbs, he can't use them.

The whole situation turned south after Ryan Perrilloux was kicked off the team, after only starting one game.

Then the combo of Lee/Jefferson wasn't every good (although Jefferson beat Alabama twice), then Mettenburger was good in '12 and great in '13 (That '13 defense wasn't up to our normal standards). And Jennings was an abomination in '14, Harris wasn't even serviceable in the last month of the '15 season.

There is reason for optimism for us going into 2016. 18 starters return (including Fournette), Catch Bama and Ole Miss in Baton Rouge, Harris is a JR with a full year of experience.

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Completely forgot about Perriloux.

We need to meet in Norman for game against Ohio State.
I am going to set my bye week in youth football for that weekend as I am not missing this game

The 2015-16 College football thread

The 2015-16 College football thread

Yep...

#1 recruit in the country, only started one game (in relief of Flynn), kicked off the team in the off season before his JR year...

I even forgot about signing Russell Shepard (#1 Duel Threat QB in nation) from TX, only to learn that he couldn't play QB and moving him to WR...

It's been a comedy of poor QB performance and poor evaluation of the position in recruiting... I think that at some point Harris will get benched and Etling (transfer from Purdue) will start...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We need to meet in Norman for game against Ohio State.
I am going to set my bye week in youth football for that weekend as I am not missing this game
Definitely! I'll be at the UH game for sure, so hopefully the OSU game works out for me, as well.

To be fair, every conference not called the Big 10 was against it.

I like the new rule.

And that's all fine and dandy but the way it was handled was typical NCAA .

Piss poorly

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

To be fair, every conference not called the Big 10 was against it.
I wonder how many coaches outside of Harbaugh and Meyer were for it???

And that's all fine and dandy but the way it was handled was typical NCAA .

Piss poorly

Genuine question as all I know is there was a vote on satellite camps, how was it handled poorly by the NCAA? Was it a secret vote or something? I haven't read anything about it as yet.

Genuine question as all I know is there was a vote on satellite camps, how was it handled poorly by the NCAA? Was it a secret vote or something? I haven't read anything about it as yet.

I agree with the rule but it should have been allowed through this recruiting season.

Just arbitrarily changing rules like this is stupid.

An interesting move by USC:
[h=1]USC hires Lynn Swann to replace Pat Haden as athletic director[/h]

Man, as if the Sandusky story couldn't get any worse. Joepa allegedly knew about the abuse for 30+ years. I just want to puke right now.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/05/05/penn-state-joe-paterno-jerry-sandusky-sex-abuse-1976
This is just more fuel to fire of what many of us outside of the Penn St cult in PA always thought. Im not surprised that more has come out. Once it became clear that Sandusky was a creeper, there had to be more to the story earlier in the time frame than it had been reported up until now. People just dont start molesting kids in middle age. Im sure that this is still just scratching the surface of the full detail of this a-hole's actions.

This is just more fuel to fire of what many of us outside of the Penn St cult in PA always thought. Im not surprised that more has come out. Once it became clear that Sandusky was a creeper, there had to be more to the story earlier in the time frame than it had been reported up until now. People just dont start molesting kids in middle age. Im sure that this is still just scratching the surface of the full detail of this a-hole's actions.

No doubt Sandusky was a disgusting human being who deserves to burn. But I always wanted to believe that Joe was just a old man in denial that couldn't believe his friends of all these years would have done anything like that. But if he had been told of it that early in his career, and continued to protect him all of that time? He deserved to rot right next to Sandusky.

No doubt Sandusky was a disgusting human being who deserves to burn. But I always wanted to believe that Joe was just a old man in denial that couldn't believe his friends of all these years would have done anything like that. But if he had been told of it that early in his career, and continued to protect him all of that time? He deserved to rot right next to Sandusky.
All the while doing everything in his power to portay a squeaky-clean image. What a hypocrite.

fc1e8bc50ca2daf07f8ca4d0825a947a.jpg

Only 102 days until Kickoff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, guess I can cross off Baylor as a place my girls are allowed to go for college.

#ByeArt

Welp, guess I can cross off Baylor as a place my girls are allowed to go for college.

#ByeArt

Hasn't Oklahoma received some really bad press lately for something similar?

Hasn't Oklahoma received some really bad press lately for something similar?

Oklahoma is about to have another round of bad media over the RB that punched a girl in the face.

OK SCt recently ruled that the surveillance video of the incident can be released to the public. OU admin saw the video before suspending the RB for a year. Punishment is over -- can't really go back and punish him again because the video (which admin already had) is now released to the public.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Oklahoma is about to have another round of bad media over the RB that punched a girl in the face.

OK SCt recently ruled that the surveillance video of the incident can be released to the public. OU admin saw the video before suspending the RB for a year. Punishment is over -- can't really go back and punish him again because the video (which admin already had) is now released to the public.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
That is what I was thinking of, heard about it on the radio, I thought they had not suspended him for it.

Back