Bombas Performance Socks

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fairly new to the market, Bombas Performance socks are quite different than their original designs.

Midweight purpose-built socks with full cushioning for all-day comfort on the links. Thermoregulation helps your feet breathe, and moisture-wicking keeps sweat away from your body. Made with a proprietary cotton-poly yarn blend that performs but feels natural. There's also a mesh under-toe ventilation zone, an area where feet tend to overheat the most.

white-layflat-product_64a9ce0f-bc6e-4b56-9a30-cf83a9963653_1600x1600.jpg%3Fv%3D1555442231

Interesting. Any price point on these?

• Admin
Interesting. Any price point on these?

3 pack for $48
I have been wearing a pair for a few hours already. I like them a lot. Price point makes them similar to my favorite socks, the Motion Wool from Evolve, which I still prefer though.

Bombas Performance Socks

That is some coin for socks but if they’re made well they’re worth it. Cheap socks do nothing but fall apart and do little to actually help support your feet.

I’ve heard a lot about these lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombas are some of the best socks I’ve ever had. By far. Expensive but the quality is there.

Their lightweight no shows are trash. Thought about trying these performance versions but after burning holes in 3 pairs of the lightweights I am not so sure. They did their job though, didn't fall down in back which is my biggest annoyance with socks.

Granted their customer service was good and replaced a few of them for me, I got tired of requesting honestly.

Guess they can't stand up to my frog toes.

Edit: mine were the old designs so maybe they have improved? My wife does have some similar to this that she likes. Just be wary of the lightweight version still.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Admin
Bombas Performance Socks

Bombas are some of the best socks I’ve ever had. By far. Expensive but the quality is there.

Have you tried the Evolve Motion Wool? I’m comparing the two right now.

I really struggled with the original Bombas in quality, but these seem better.

Love their story. They donate a pair of socks to homeless shelters for every clothing item they sell. They are at well over 20 million pairs donated to date.

I have 6 pairs on these socks. Starting to prefer them to the Kentwool socks that I have.

Have you tried the Evolve Motion Wool? I’m comparing the two right now.

I really struggled with the original Bombas in quality, but these seem better.

I have not, but I have some fairly recent bombas and they seem to be really high quality

Anyone compare these to Kentwool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 pack for $48
I have been wearing a pair for a few hours already. I like them a lot. Price point makes them similar to my favorite socks, the Motion Wool from Evolve, which I still prefer though.

I was going to ask which you prefer. Those THP motion wool are a game changer for me.

Anyone compare these to Kentwool?

Significantly thinner. Closer to Motionwool in that regard. Run a little warmer than the Motionwool to me.

Their lightweight no shows are trash. Thought about trying these performance versions but after burning holes in 3 pairs of the lightweights I am not so sure. They did their job though, didn't fall down in back which is my biggest annoyance with socks.

Granted their customer service was good and replaced a few of them for me, I got tired of requesting honestly.

Guess they can't stand up to my frog toes.

Edit: mine were the old designs so maybe they have improved? My wife does have some similar to this that she likes. Just be wary of the lightweight version still.

I've had good luck with the lightweight no shows. I bought a four pack 2 years ago and they're still going. They're showing a little age but they still stay up on my heel which, like you, is my biggest knock on socks like those.

I want to try these but can't justify it with the socks I've bought in the last couple of months.

I've had good luck with the lightweight no shows. I bought a four pack 2 years ago and they're still going. They're showing a little age but they still stay up on my heel which, like you, is my biggest knock on socks like those.

I want to try these but can't justify it with the socks I've bought in the last couple of months.
Like I said, maybe it's my frog toes they don't like but I got holes in 3 pairs around my big toe and not long after purchase, maybe in a few months of use.

Again their CS was great and replaced a few of them for me free of charge.

I love that they don't slip. My biggest problem playing golf with low socks.

Like I said, maybe it's my frog toes they don't like but I got holes in 3 pairs around my big toe and not long after purchase, maybe in a few months of use.

Again their CS was great and replaced a few of them for me free of charge.

I love that they don't slip. My biggest problem playing golf with low socks.

I've got some alien feet myself but the difference may be that I don't play golf in the Bombas. Strictly casual wear. They are great to me for that. I need something a little more substantial for golf.

I've got some alien feet myself but the difference may be that I don't play golf in the Bombas. Strictly casual wear. They are great to me for that. I need something a little more substantial for golf.
Yup....I only bought them for golf, rude awakening for $12 a pair. I have moved on to some cheap pumas that work just fine lol.

Will there be an opportunity to test these? I am curious now. I suppose I could just buy a pair too.

Will there be an opportunity to test these? I am curious now. I suppose I could just buy a pair too.

Probably, but not through THP :)

Do they do a buy one donate one as well?

3 pack for $48

$16 a pair is cheaper than both Motionwool and Kentwool

Based on what I’m reading in the thread, I’ll pay the add’l $$$ and get the best socks out there

Prefer premium products protecting my feet during golf/running - who am I kidding, just in general lol

I have heard the commercials for this company for a while now and looked at them, but still haven't bitten the bullet yet and ordered any. They do have my attention though.

I like the Bomba's golf socks and they have held up very well. I have worn these more times than the THP socks from Evolve, but I like them equally. The only thing annoying about Bomba's after buying are the constant emails. I am sure there is probably a way to change settings that I haven't used, but I get a daily email. I had been buying Bomba's before these and agree that their normal lighter socks do not hold up for golf. I tried it once. ONCE.

$16 a pair is cheaper than both Motionwool and Kentwool

Based on what I’m reading in the thread, I’ll pay the add’l $$$ and get the best socks out there

Prefer premium products protecting my feet during golf/running - who am I kidding, just in general lol

You're paying more for the wool.

I've been wearing the Bombas for my walking rounds and haven't been able to tell a big difference between them and the Kentwool socks. The advantage for the Bombas is that I can throw them in the washer/dryer with my other whites, instead of having to wash my Kentwool socks separately on the cold setting. I've also been less than pleased with my Kentwool socks shrinking, despite following all of their directions for washing and drying them. No issue with the Bombas socks so far on that front.

Back