Favorite performance golf socks?

Kentwool or Motionwool. Any other sock really is just for working out or cutting the lawn. The comfort and lack of foot fatigue after a round really can’t be overstated.

I prefer my Bombas golf socks slightly over the Evolve socks. They just fit more snug on my feet. I don’t wear any others to play unless I am just headed to the range I tennis shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite performance golf socks?

I am probably the odd one, but never noticed any difference in socks I have worn. I tried multiple types and notice more the look then the feel.

I have never tried a pair of performance golf socks. I usually just wear Adidas, Nike, Puma or UA black socks.

Balega and Darn Tough Vertex for warm weather. Smart Wool or Eurosocks for cold weather.

Picked up a pair of stance golf socks today based on people's reviews in here. I have several pairs of other stance socks, but none of the lows.

I love the original Bomba's but will order some of the performace Bomba's soon. I still have some of the ones I ordered after seeing them on Shark Tank and they seem to get softer and softer.

Only got FJ here, but they do what I want so I have never tried any others

Well, I live in SE Texas where it was 98degrees with 75+% humidity while I was playing today. Anything with the word "wool" in it does not appeal to me. Just too "hot" sounding. I found Asics single tab socks a number of years back. They are a nylon, polyester, spandex blend and they keep my feet dry. A very comfortable sock for this part of the world.

Bought a pair of stance socks based on recommendations here. I wanted a tab in the back, so I didn't actually go with the golf socks. Instead I got the runner version. Used them the next day and was really impressed. I'll be buying some more. Just wish they weren't $14/pair.

Well, I live in SE Texas where it was 98degrees with 75+% humidity while I was playing today. Anything with the word "wool" in it does not appeal to me. Just too "hot" sounding. I found Asics single tab socks a number of years back. They are a nylon, polyester, spandex blend and they keep my feet dry. A very comfortable sock for this part of the world.

Its a misnomer actually. Wool done right can be extremely cool. In fact as a fiber, it can take on far more moisture and still feel cool to the touch.
It is also naturally antimicrobial.

This is territory I’m very unfamiliar with. You guys really see a difference between these and say a pair of nikes?

This is territory I’m very unfamiliar with. You guys really see a difference between these and say a pair of nikes?

Night and day. It’s like a sirloin vs a filet in terms of tenderness.

Night and day. It’s like a sirloin vs a filet in terms of tenderness.

feet meat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Picked up a pair of the FITS lite runner no show socks. They’re another company doing the merino wool blend, based out of NC. I gotta say, they have a very soft feel to them, about the closest in softness as I’ve seen to Kentwool so far. Just wished they were a tad thicker on the foot bottom. Played 18 down here in Florida heat on vacation(River Strand in Bradenton) and not the least bit damp at the end of the round. Very impressed but pricey like all the other merino blends.
Those of you who like the motionwool light socks will probably really like these.

All I wear is Stance.

Work. Casual. Golf.

Sock game is strong.

Motion Wool right now and its not remotely close.

Currently I have FJ, Bombas, Kentwool, Swiftwick and a few others. Unless I am out of Motion Wool, I don't even reach for the others.
I finally broke out my THP Motion Wool socks last weekend, and I might have found my golf socks! Very comfortable, even in AZ heat.

I am wearing out all of my ankle socks and I am glad I searched for this thread. I am going to give the motion wool socks a go.

I am wearing out all of my ankle socks and I am glad I searched for this thread. I am going to give the motion wool socks a go.

wearing them right now. Absolutely the best I have ever had
image.jpg

I'm in the same situation. And I've gradually been falling out of love with my Balegas, so might give the Motion Wools a try.

Kentwool is my go to, but I might need to try these THP MotionWool

I want more Motionwool though I usually wear my darn toughs.

I like FJ socks because they are a little thicker and provide more cushion. Downside, they can be hotter in the summer heat. Evolve Motion Wool is great. I have a pair of the ultra-light and sports cushion. The THP socks are the sports cushion I believe. They are super comfortable and usually stay cooler than the FJ socks. Downside, they cost more than FJ socks. I like the red, white, and blue of the ultra-light, but these are super thin and don't provide much cushion, more like a dress sock.

I'm not saying they are or are not the best out there, but the Sqairz socks are pretty nice for golf, but not everyday life.

Back