Favorite performance golf socks?

Balega and Feetures!

I have 3 pairs of motion wool in low cut and they solid performers. I’d say they are on par for me with my current favorites in the Balega Hidden Contour, but I have a sneaking suspicion the motion wools will prove to be more durable over time.
I also just got a pair of Kentwool KW sport socks and they are fantastic. I loved the feel of the original Kentwool tour socks but like many others, they are just too thick for summer golf. The sport socks retain the softness of the tour socks but in a lighter package...and and less expensive too...huge fan and will be purchasing more in the future.

Also just an FYI for those of you out there that like a sock that doesn’t have a lot of cushion but is incredibly soft and durable, check out the FITS(not FIT) socks...another company based and made out of NC. If they offered a tad bit more cushion, I’d be stocking up on a bunch of them also as IMO, they have the softest feel of the bunch.

Just ordered a 3 pack of Stance socks with the tab - hoping that was the right move!

The Motionwool are very good, and by far my favourites right now.

Tagging. I keep losing this thread!

And just purchased some more thp motionwool socks. Great socks to golf in and lounge around in.

I need to check out the wool socks. I sold athletic socks for years as a rep but never wool. Wonder how they do in the washer/dryer.

Just ordered a 3 pack of Stance socks with the tab - hoping that was the right move!

I like them a lot, wish they would do something with the embroidered logo, it's fairly annoying in certain shoes.

I like them a lot, wish they would do something with the embroidered logo, it's fairly annoying in certain shoes.
You mean on the back of the heel? Isn't they supposed to keep it from slipping down?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I need to check out the wool socks. I sold athletic socks for years as a rep but never wool. Wonder how they do in the washer/dryer.
Depends on the brand really. I have wool athletic/hiking socks from several different brands and the only one that doesn’t seem to hold up as well as the others is ironically smartwool.
Kentwool, just make sure you follow their directions as far as inside out and either minimal dryer time or air dry and they hold up very well. My darn toughs, motionwool and fits socks don’t seem to need any special attention and they are all holding up very well.

You mean on the back of the heel? Isn't they supposed to keep it from slipping down?

Interesting, looks like they might have moved it. Most of mine have it on the top of the foot a bit on the side.

I'm a big fan of the Stance as well. The long Feel360's are really nice and I always wear them when I'm playing in pants. I haven't worn the no shows though so I may need to give them a try.

Interesting, looks like they might have moved it. Most of mine have it on the top of the foot a bit on the side.
Yes I know exactly what you’re talking about. On some shoes that come a touch higher up, it can chafe a bit on navicular area.

Footjoy comfortsof rolltop

87171675-010C-4E40-AD67-EC84911D3FCF.jpeg

Have mostly used Puma, Bombas, or Smartwool. Picked up 7 pair of the Motionwool the other day and have been very impressed.

I like the Feetures socks that I get at a running store.

I keep losing socks so I buy whatever’s on sale

I usually buy the running version, which puts the logo on the back of the tab (iron on). The tab is a little smaller too, but not by much.

I really haven't tried much at all but I really like Swiftwick.

I’m a Kentwool guy. Love them.

I’m a Kentwool guy. Love them.
You guys talked me into giving them a try but they are out of stock in every color I'd want. Oh, well, they will be back in inventory eventually.

Walked 18 wearing the stance socks and not once did on worry about blisters. They are certainly not a "no show" sock but if you walk and are worried about getting blisters, I highly recommend. And they were 3 pairs for $32 which I found reasonable
5a8c1e0971b09eb151f75cbfee335a7e.jpg
1629f728989a2b5a6c1e3e22069f9542.jpg

Ordered the performance sock in a steel blue this morning. These were Kentwools sock of the month so they were $4.00 off and they sent me a 10% code for my next purchase. Easy site. Nice customer engagement.

Socks showed up yesterday. Color is good, packaging is good. I will let you know on fit and feel down the road.

Last edited:
Back