Favorite performance golf socks?

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With the recent roll-out of the custom THP Motion Wool from Evolve socks, and newer releases and companies diving into the space, I thought it would be a good conversation to discuss everyone's favorite performance golf socks. It looks like previous threads have been archived.

So what are your favorites?

Motion Wool right now and its not remotely close.

Currently I have FJ, Bombas, Kentwool, Swiftwick and a few others. Unless I am out of Motion Wool, I don't even reach for the others.

With the recent roll-out of the custom THP Motion Wool from Evolve socks, and newer releases and companies diving into the space, I thought it would be a good conversation to discuss everyone's favorite performance golf socks. It looks like previous threads have been archived.

So what are your favorites?

Our captain looking out for us in all regards. Socks now, underwear next.

@el1terate turned me on to kentwool socks and those things are amazing. I haven’t tried my THP socks yet but will wear them for tomorrow’s round and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now its between the Motion Wool and Stance. I still love my Stance

Stance, Smartwool and the THP Motionwool. I like the low profile of the Stance and Smartwool tabbed better but, in the few times I've played in them, the THP have been more comfortable.

i get most of my golf socks from the local store that caters to distance runners. balega and feetures have been my favorites.

for golf, i have owned kentwool, swiftwick and now the thp evolve socks.

i don't like a sock that has too much fabric, but the super thin socks don't do as good a job with moisture for me. swiftwick is very comfortable, but on the thin side. evolve and kentwool are on the bulkier side. balega is probably my favorite right now.

i've never tried stance. what do you like about them?

I have fallen in love with the THP motion wool...They are my new go to golf sock. Before I was happy with gold toe athletic socks, but the motion wool puts them to shane

I'm primarily a stance guy. I know others are out there, but Stance has worked for me and I love the designs they offer.

i've never tried stance. what do you like about them?

I have worn Stance for a few years and I find them really comfortable. I also love all the color and style options that they have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentwools are my favorite. I like the Motionwool, but they were a bit to thin for my liking and for some reason the pair I had kept slipping down my heel. I want to try them again to see if may have just been that particular pair.

Swiftwick Performance Zero are my go to golf socks. Very durable and reasonable priced in relation to other performance socks are definite pluses. I am not really one that cares about a bunch of cushioning for a 3 hour round so they are perfect for me.

Stance. Though I tend to have more of their running socks than golf socks due to the colours available.

I think the Motionwools are OK, nothing overly special though

I just go to Walmart and get whatever Active/Sport Fruit of the Loom low/ankle sock packs, the Hanes x-temps aren't as good

another vote for balega hidden comfort or contour for the same reasons noted by mclovin above. have tried stance, feetures, drymax, kentwool, bombas, motionwool and darn tough.

You guys have me wanting to give balega a try. Might have to order some.

Swiftwick for summer, super thin and fit nice/snug. I use FJ's Merino Wool for the winter. Also use FJ's low cut socks for the Spring/Fall cuz they are a bit thicker than the Swiftwick's.

Same for me. I like the stance a lot, but the motion wool are so sooooooft.

I like FJ's. Comfortable, good cushioning.

Same for me. I like the stance a lot, but the motion wool are so sooooooft.

And the motion wool stays soft for soooo long. I wore them in the morning for 18. Took them off for about 2 hours, then put them back on for 9 and an hour of practice. Still felt great.

I have loved Balega for running for years, and they've been great for golf too. Plus, I've got them in all sorts of colors and can match every pair of golf shoes I have.

Darn Tough Coolmax no show

Reasonably priced, comfortable, and lifetime warranty.

Bought a giant pack of Puma no-show socks in the ladies sizes from Costco because I have small feet. No complaints.

Call me ignorant but athletic socks from Marshall’s do the job... I can’t comprehend spending 25 dollars on a pair of socks

Back