Cure Putters Review Thread

I Cant wait to get my CX2 from the Cure event next month and give my thoughts.

I've been using a RX3f for about 8 months now and thought I'd share some of my views on it.
As far as I know these are not available in the UK but a fellow THPer Koinonian had it sent over. He loved the roll that it puts on the ball but I think that he found the large head a little off-putting, he's more used to blade style clubs. Anyway his loss my gain and I picked it up off eBay.
I put the putter into play at tail end of the season. Was hoping to take the most advantage of the high MOI concept and started with a head weight of 504 grams. Because of the weight I really struggled get a feel for the pace of the greens but I thought a bit of perseverance and things will improve. Well I persevered and persevered but just couldn't get things to improve. So eventually dropped the weight down to 469grams and still with an MOI of 10900 g/cm sq. Can't believe the difference that 35 grams makes, suddenly distance control became so much easier.
The very wet winter weather stalled my winter golf more than ever before but gave me lots of time to practice my putting and also to consider my actual stroke. I changed to the claw grip and used the adjustability of the Cure putter to set the shaft lie angle very upright to help my setup. Something that other putters just couldn't do. I also added a long superstroke putting grip and inserted a weight to counterbalance the top of the shaft.
Really happy with this setup my putting has never been better , good speed control and high MOI , that's a good combination!.
Only the Cure putter could give me the ability to fine tune to this extent.
I know that a lot of golf start-up companies can struggle but I wish all the best to the Cure company , I really think that they've got something here. I've no intention of changing putters in the near future but if I do it will definitely be to another Cure. Can't recommend them enough.

Good feedback

I bought one of last years RX1's last night, found a good deal on them online ($79.99) and I'm really looking forward to giving it a try. I like short heavy putters, so I'm thinking I'll be adding most of the weights once I get it, but I'll have to tinker with it for a while.

Question though, I try to stand over my putter pretty far, has anyone changed their putting stroke and tried a flatter lie with any success?

Putter arrived today! Pretty excited to try it out on the course. Rolled a few putts in the office with it so far. Initial impressions are really good.

Looks:
Very solid, the red is much better looking in person than the pictures you see on the internet. I like the color a lot. It's much larger that I thought it would be, it's as long as my iPhone 6+, I did not expect it to be that big, which for me is a good thing.

Build Quality:
Again, this is a solid feeling putter. With all of the adjustment options I would think there would be more looseness in the construction, but once the bolts are tightened down it doesn't feel different from any other putter, there is no wiggle in the shaft, the weights don't spin, it feels like it came from the factory this way.

Feel:
It's definitely a firm feeling putter, I'm coming from one of the old White Hot Two Ball putters, which is a fairly soft putter, so the firmer feeling is different, but not bad for me. Feel and sound are certainly linked, and the sound of this one is unique. It's not a bad sound to my ears. It can get pretty loud, especially on a harder stroke. It a solid noise, but it's not bad. I'm not sure I can describe it.

Overall I'm very impressed so far, this seems to be very point and shoot, it's easier to get on line, and it stays on line. If I over swing it, or under swing it the margin of error is not as large as with my old putter. I've got all of the weights installed and it's HEAVY. That's what I wanted, and it's adjustable, so I'm certain I'll end up tinkering with it some more to find the right weight configuration for me. Adjusting the lie angle was really pretty simple, I loosened the correct bolts put the putter in my hand and took my normal putting stance, and moved the head flat on the ground, and adjusted the shaft to my comfort zone.

I'll need to get this on the course and determine how it works in the real world, but I'll update in a few weeks.

Putter arrived today! Pretty excited to try it out on the course. Rolled a few putts in the office with it so far. Initial impressions are really good.

Looks:
Very solid, the red is much better looking in person than the pictures you see on the internet. I like the color a lot. It's much larger that I thought it would be, it's as long as my iPhone 6+, I did not expect it to be that big, which for me is a good thing.

Build Quality:
Again, this is a solid feeling putter. With all of the adjustment options I would think there would be more looseness in the construction, but once the bolts are tightened down it doesn't feel different from any other putter, there is no wiggle in the shaft, the weights don't spin, it feels like it came from the factory this way.

Feel:
It's definitely a firm feeling putter, I'm coming from one of the old White Hot Two Ball putters, which is a fairly soft putter, so the firmer feeling is different, but not bad for me. Feel and sound are certainly linked, and the sound of this one is unique. It's not a bad sound to my ears. It can get pretty loud, especially on a harder stroke. It a solid noise, but it's not bad. I'm not sure I can describe it.

Overall I'm very impressed so far, this seems to be very point and shoot, it's easier to get on line, and it stays on line. If I over swing it, or under swing it the margin of error is not as large as with my old putter. I've got all of the weights installed and it's HEAVY. That's what I wanted, and it's adjustable, so I'm certain I'll end up tinkering with it some more to find the right weight configuration for me. Adjusting the lie angle was really pretty simple, I loosened the correct bolts put the putter in my hand and took my normal putting stance, and moved the head flat on the ground, and adjusted the shaft to my comfort zone.

I'll need to get this on the course and determine how it works in the real world, but I'll update in a few weeks.

Nice initial thoughts, looking forward to your on course feedback.

Since you stand pretty far from the ball, with the lie angle adjustment that you did, does it still feel natural to you?

Cure Putters Review Thread

Nice initial thoughts, looking forward to your on course feedback.

Since you stand pretty far from the ball, with the lie angle adjustment that you did, does it still feel natural to you?

I think I worded my question wrong originally. I stand fairly close and try to have my eyes over the ball, or as close as possible.

I played with the lie angle some, and with it fairly flat is was ok, but my rotation and alignment felt off. I moved it farther upright. Probably 75* or so, not quite as far up as it would go, but pretty close. I'm liking that stance quite a bit.

Last edited:
Comparison pictures

c8ebf4b157ca2af95015b3ac3b2f6e5b.jpg

So the lie angle is about the same, but with the center shaft the center of the club head is closer to me. I like that.

Size compared to my hand:
c9ba25b82472490c611f908f7f62efe0.jpg

Size with some golf balls:
f23594173e98862c75165654b01710ce.jpg

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Dialling in my RX2, starting to feel really comfortable with it.

Digging the orange colour too, only drawback is the putter cover is kind of lame. I like having aftermarket and stylish headcovers, this one is plain. Would love an option for some custom headcovers!

just received my CX2 yesterday, so still a ways to go with seeing how it performs for me. It's not a small head shape, but it suits my preferences better than the RX series.

I'm currently working with 4 weights in the head, and that feels pretty good. I've always liked Winn putter grips, and this midsized is no different. The Cure logo-ing on the grip is a nice touch.

Initial impressions are positive. Face has relatively shallow milling; seems to put a good roll on the ball. Aim line on the flange is a good contrast on the black head for me. Sound/feel, IMO, are so much better. Lots more work to be done with this one. Hope I can get some on course time this weekend.

(Apologies for mediocre pics)
6e13814133ff18ac6abc65203b4f3f22.jpg

4618644da0cfaab8ba834779078d3a3e.jpg

3921a42f2691d3f391ad69e9b7e54420.jpg

0cc563806bcfbcf4943f86dac26fe89d.jpg

a7e48f533cbaad4f085c37b803f5d5f9.jpg

just received my CX2 yesterday, so still a ways to go with seeing how it performs for me. It's not a small head shape, but it suits my preferences better than the RX series.

I'm currently working with 4 weights in the head, and that feels pretty good. I've always liked Winn putter grips, and this midsized is no different. The Cure logo-ing on the grip is a nice touch.

Initial impressions are positive. Face has relatively shallow milling; seems to put a good roll on the ball. Aim line on the flange is a good contrast on the black head for me. Sound/feel, IMO, are so much better. Lots more work to be done with this one. Hope I can get some on course time this weekend.

(Apologies for mediocre pics)
6e13814133ff18ac6abc65203b4f3f22.jpg

4618644da0cfaab8ba834779078d3a3e.jpg

3921a42f2691d3f391ad69e9b7e54420.jpg

0cc563806bcfbcf4943f86dac26fe89d.jpg

a7e48f533cbaad4f085c37b803f5d5f9.jpg

She's a beauty! That's the one I chose for the event. I'm a little concerned about the milled face, because I've gamed nothing but inserts for a very long time. The last milled face putter I tried was a SeeMore that I just couldn't adapt to. Are you coming from a milled face or an insert, Jeremy? Looking forward to following your experiences with it.

She's a beauty! That's the one I chose for the event. I'm a little concerned about the milled face, because I've gamed nothing but inserts for a very long time. The last milled face putter I tried was a SeeMore that I just couldn't adapt to. Are you coming from a milled face or an insert, Jeremy? Looking forward to following your experiences with it.

I've been primarily gaming an insert putter (Odyssey Works Milled Collection), but have also been putting with millings from Bettinardi, lately. The CX doesn't sound/feel as soft as those, but I think that's to be expected, given the materials involved.

I can't speak to concerns about speed/distance control with the CX versus an insert at this point, but that hasn't caused issues for me in the past.

Rolled my CX1 pretty descent today. 32 putts with 5 1-putts and 1 3-Jack. One thing I have noticed after rolling this for 4 months Now is fantastic speed control. My misses are usually simple tap ins. And those misses are met with enough feedback So I know exactly where on the face I miss hit it.

After being so excited to put the RX3F in play, I have to admit that I was feeling a little impatient and thinking that it might be a short lived experiment. My first two rounds with it were not all that good, so on the advice of folks in this thread, I spent a bunch of time late last week trying different weight configurations. But it still wasn't coming together. No matter the combination I tried, I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I couldn't dial in the speed, and I felt like I was pushing everything, which was particularly disappointing because the ability to keep even mishits on line was one of the benefits I was looking for.

Then I decided at the last minute to play on Saturday afternoon and I figured I'd keep the Cure in the bag for at least one more round. And I'm sure glad I did. On the practice green before the round, I still wasn't feeling great, so about 5 minutes before my tee time I tried one last weight configuration. Coming from a lighter putter, I thought that maybe I should go relatively lighter with the RX3F, so I just left one of the SS weights on. I hit a few putts and went to the first tee. The first 8 holes or so weren't fantastic from a putting standpoint, but they weren't terrible either. I had a few near misses--mostly from just leaving everything a bit short--but I felt a little more comfortable. Then, on #9--which is the #1 handicap hole at the course I was playing--I had about a 15 foot par putt that I really needed to make to keep the round going. I decided I wasn't going to leave it short, picked a line, and rolled it right in the middle of the cup. From that putt, I got the sense that I could be a little more aggressive with the Cure without much fear of blowing it by and that approach paid off in spades. Technically, I had 12 putts in the last 10 holes, but to be fair, that stat was helped by several lags from just on the fringe, none of which stopped more than a foot away from the hole. All in all, it ended up being probably the best putting round I've ever had. So I don't think the RX3F will be going anywhere any time soon.

Given all the sound discussion, I also have to add this. Personally, I don't really care about sound, especially with a putter. It just doesn't matter to me one way or the other. But I was playing with my uncle who is absolutely a golf purist. He still plays blades out of principle in his late 60s (maybe not the best decision) and says that if he ever has to move to the senior tees, he's quitting (again, a questionable call, but that's beside the point). His first comment when he saw the Cure a few weeks ago was, "Are you going to tee off with it?" Well, we were talking about how well I was putting on #17, and his quote this time was, "You better keep that in the bag. The roll is great. The sound is great." So for anyone worried about the looks or sound, don't let either stop you from giving it a try.

great write up BigSky! I'll be interested to see if you keep getting these results with it long term.

Excellent write up Bigsky, glad it's working out for you.

I took my RX1 on the course for the first time this weekend. As I expected it's taking me some time to get to where I want to be with it, mostly because I have it weighted extremely heavy, which is a bit different than my previous putter. I remain very impressed with this putter. I have some trouble reading putts, but it's something I'm working on. I had 19 putts in 9 holes. Only 1 three jack, and one semi 3 jack, putting from off the fringe, and then a 2 putt. ALL of my 2nd putts with the exception of 1 were tap ins. As long as I can find the line I had no trouble getting the ball close. Most of my misses were because I picked the wrong line. Speed control isn't too much of an issue with this putter. On the longer putts I have to remember to give it a bit more, mostly again due to the weight, and as long as I remember that I don't have any issues getting the ball to the hole. Overall I am still pretty in love with this stick. Time will tell, and I'll try to keep this thread updated.

Love having the RX3f back in the bag, just so confident, no matter the distance!

Coming from the Rx2, I went to PGASS and tried the Cx line - I like the center shaft straight putter better than the flow neck models now.

I am sticking w the Rx2. Still love the putter. And I may have introduced a couple of Cure converts!!

After being so excited to put the RX3F in play, I have to admit that I was feeling a little impatient and thinking that it might be a short lived experiment. My first two rounds with it were not all that good, so on the advice of folks in this thread, I spent a bunch of time late last week trying different weight configurations. But it still wasn't coming together. No matter the combination I tried, I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I couldn't dial in the speed, and I felt like I was pushing everything, which was particularly disappointing because the ability to keep even mishits on line was one of the benefits I was looking for.

Then I decided at the last minute to play on Saturday afternoon and I figured I'd keep the Cure in the bag for at least one more round. And I'm sure glad I did. On the practice green before the round, I still wasn't feeling great, so about 5 minutes before my tee time I tried one last weight configuration. Coming from a lighter putter, I thought that maybe I should go relatively lighter with the RX3F, so I just left one of the SS weights on. I hit a few putts and went to the first tee. The first 8 holes or so weren't fantastic from a putting standpoint, but they weren't terrible either. I had a few near misses--mostly from just leaving everything a bit short--but I felt a little more comfortable. Then, on #9--which is the #1 handicap hole at the course I was playing--I had about a 15 foot par putt that I really needed to make to keep the round going. I decided I wasn't going to leave it short, picked a line, and rolled it right in the middle of the cup. From that putt, I got the sense that I could be a little more aggressive with the Cure without much fear of blowing it by and that approach paid off in spades. Technically, I had 12 putts in the last 10 holes, but to be fair, that stat was helped by several lags from just on the fringe, none of which stopped more than a foot away from the hole. All in all, it ended up being probably the best putting round I've ever had. So I don't think the RX3F will be going anywhere any time soon.

Given all the sound discussion, I also have to add this. Personally, I don't really care about sound, especially with a putter. It just doesn't matter to me one way or the other. But I was playing with my uncle who is absolutely a golf purist. He still plays blades out of principle in his late 60s (maybe not the best decision) and says that if he ever has to move to the senior tees, he's quitting (again, a questionable call, but that's beside the point). His first comment when he saw the Cure a few weeks ago was, "Are you going to tee off with it?" Well, we were talking about how well I was putting on #17, and his quote this time was, "You better keep that in the bag. The roll is great. The sound is great." So for anyone worried about the looks or sound, don't let either stop you from giving it a try.

Do you have your RX3 set with any toe hang based on your weight configuration and if so how much?

Do you have your RX3 set with any toe hang based on your weight configuration and if so how much?

I don't. From what I can tell, the RX3F is naturally a toe hang putter, though I don't think there is all that much hang. I did experiment a bit with putting more weight on the toe side since I felt like I was pushing everything, but I didn't see any real benefit when I tried it so I went back to keeping the weights equal on both sides. To be fair though, nothing I tried when I was experimenting was working that well until I switched the weights right before my round. What I ended up with was only the smallest black weight on both sides.

I reconfigured the weights on my Cure to give it a little toe hang after reading the Toe Hang segment in the THP Classroom. I rolled a bunch of putts on my practice green and I seem to be rolling it a bit better now. I'm playing a round on Saturday, so I'll update some more over the weekend.

I reconfigured the weights on my Cure to give it a little toe hang after reading the Toe Hang segment in the THP Classroom. I rolled a bunch of putts on my practice green and I seem to be rolling it a bit better now. I'm playing a round on Saturday, so I'll update some more over the weekend.

Nice, Paul. That is great, i think i'm going to experiment with mine once it comes in

I can't wait to see Sposey rolling one of these at Club Clash this week. I think he's going to have his eyes opened big time.

Back