Current Driver & Shaft

No, I wasn't fit for my driver. I hit the same setup and liked the results I got from it, so I bought one just like it.

If you call going into GolfSmith and swinging it a few times with the shaft in it, liking the ball flight, then buying it a fitting ... then yes. But an "official" fitting process, then no. Now I have tweaked the weighting in the head and loft/lie with the adjustable hosel until I thought it was perfect.

Driver

Driver

M1 9.5 with Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X. Fit at the TaylorMade Player Development Center in Madison, WI. Prior one was SLDR TP fit at same place. M1 3 wood also fit there.

No for me as well, past hitting the G30 with both stock offerings and deciding I liked the Tour 65 better. Tinkered with the loft some, but 11.5˚ seems to be the hands down winner.

The shaft was fit for me with a different head (R-11) at the Kingdom. Once the face cracked, TMAG replaced it with the SLDR head, so I guess you could say that this combo was not fit for me.

Nope. There's only one true fitter where I live and they only sell KZG. I'm happy though with my M1 and am getting happier every time I use it in a round.

I currently game the Ping G30 LS Tec with the stock tour 65 gram stiff shaft. I was fit at a retailer, I think Edwin Watts. I went in with intentions being fitted for a TM M1 but after hitting several different OEM's, shafts etc. this was the club for me. Never been a ping guy but this thing is a beast

My current driver was not fit for me. I won it in a contest here and it turned out to be the straightest driver I had ever tried.

I attempted an indoor fitting last year, just weeks before getting the g30, and it was a disaster. Crazy high spin numbers and weak fades. My swing speed was showing 102-107 and my longest drive according to the monitor was right at 250 yards.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My driver is not fit for me. I got it very cheap on a sports shop opening and decided to take a chance knowing that I would easily get back the money if selling it if I did not like it. It seem to suit me good though, but would be interested next time I get a new driver to get fit for it

Read my post in the Paderson shaft thread. No more fittings for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was fit for my Callaway XR with a Kuro Kage Black 60g stiff last April. As I have only been playing the game 3 years my swing has changed a good bit since then and I have been trying out different shafts. The Kuro Kage felt a bit whippy and not solid to me. I am currently in a Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S with the XR head. I have hit it once on the range with no launch monitor and feel like I carried it a bit further and got some roll. I certainly had a more penitrating ball flight. I will be interested to get it on the course as well as on a launch monitor. I have come to the realization that as a 42 year old male that I should be comparing my swing to those on the LPGA more than guys half my age on the PGA.

I was not fit for my driver head, I needed a new big stick and couldn't pass up the deal I got on it.

I used the UST online fitting to find my shaft but did not try it before I purchased.

Built a twin weight Sldr 430 this week with Aldila Rip Beta 80 stiff. What a great combo. First time going with a heavy shaft in my driver, found 12/14 fairways today, very straight.

PING Anser 9.5°, lofted up (10.3° I believe).
Shaft is the Aldila Tour Green in stiff.

Wasn't fit for it, I broke the one I was fit into and had no money for a new one. Made a great deal online, put it in and took me a bit getting used to it. Very happy now, but if I'm going to change.. I'll get fit again.

I have my eyes set on a Callaway Big Bertha DBD in 10.5°, not too sure about the shaft yet. Have tried different ones, but my local fitter doesn't have that many (3-4) to try unfortunately.

Callaway subzero with hzrdus yellow. No fitting but monitor and course testing has been positive thus far

I am currently playing a Cobra Fly Z+ with a Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6 s shaft in the forward weight setting at 10D Loft. I got fit for this over a year ago and the only thing i would think about replacing it with is a F6+. Awesome driver.

Current Driver & Shaft

Current Driver & Shaft

Ping G30 in 10.5 with a UST MAMIYA ATTAS 5 GoGo 6-S Stiff Flex shaft. I wasn't fit but wasted lots of $ trying different combinations. I absolutely love this set up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not get fit for one. My old driver shaft broke (Grafalloy Epic) and I just went on line and bough a new Titleist with the Diamana Blue S62 after reading some good reviews on line. Two+ years later, still going strong. I tried other combinations at some big box stores before I bought this on line and they were either too soft or too stiff.

Cobra LTD Pro with HZRDUS Black. I really didn't like this combo when I first got it but my swing is better now and I'm loving it. I feel like it is super long off of center hit like my Callaway DBD but certainly more forgiving. I played at 3500 feet of elevation last week and with elevated tees I hit 2 of my drives in the 335-339 range which means maybe the equivalent of 300 yards if they were at my home course. Rarely do I ever hit more even 2 drives over 285 in any round so the LTD is giving me best of both worlds.

It was (sorta) fit for me. I went through a full fitting (multiple shafts, but really only 1-2 heads) and came out with a recommendation of a Titleist 915 D2 10.5* head set to A2 (11* slight draw), Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Whiteboard shaft 72g stiff playing at 45".
I found a Cobra BioCell + with the recommended shaft, set to 11* for a great price on Callaway Preowned and went for that. I've only had it for 2 rounds and need to get in a range session to dial it in before deciding what to do with it.

Never fit for any club, just went from Adams launch lab with paderson kvmt870-030+ to King LTD with xcaliber swd50 reg. Adams was long but not very forgiving. LTD, maybe a hair longer on center but way more forgiving.

Fit myself, had a number of fittings in the past. Depends on the quality of the fitter. I don't use expensive launch monitors because I swing different in them versus the course. There are launch monitor shafts and golf shafts for playing golf. I just use a voice caddy to measure carry at the range. Find some potentials used on ebay, never new, try them compared to my gamer, take it to golf course, start with my gamer for 9, see how I'm swinging, chart ball position and length. Then back 9 shift to the potential replacement. Do that 2 more times and then decide, keeper or not. Keeper stay in the stable, the losers are gone.

I like to have 2-3 shafts in the stable for different trajectories and weights. I'm very sensitive to weight.

Currently my stable is
Ping g30 at 10.5 with the following shafts:
Chrome + 5f3 is my spring shaft, more carry than the others
Diamana B series 60 Reg flex, more roll less carry for summer
Right now a Diamana R series 50 stiff and a UST Attas G7 are entering the rotation.

I also am entertaining another driver XR16 with a Matrix White tie stiff. Shaft is not right, I have swing easy but it really goes, if I stand on it hook city with the soft tip. Jury is out still.

I'm kinda embarrassed to even answer this question. My current driver/shaft combo is the Callaway Big Bertha V Series 9* head with a GD Tour AD Di5 (R1 flex). So how did that marriage take place?? Some of my buddies play high end shafts and I have never played anything other than stock offerings for 40+ years....but always wanted to. So, I had some extra cash one day and proceeded to read everything I could about the Tour AD series. I decided to take the plunge and took the Graphite Design website recommendation regarding flex (my driver SS is 90-95). I knew i wanted a shaft in the 50-55 gram range. I wanted a high launching, low spin result. So, without doing anything other than read the marketing material (YIKES:beat-up:!), I pulled the trigger and paired one of my favorite heads (launched up to 11*) with the Tour AD Di5 (R1) at 45 inches.. Bingo...five rounds later I couldn't be happier. At least 15 yards longer, but more importantly, way more stable and straighter. Confidence level soaring. I know this was not the way to "get fitted" but I just got lucky. Go figure....:bashful:

Now it was not fit for me.....bought online.

Nope, I had hit GBB with Kuro Kage Black 50g stiff several times and was happy with numbers and ball flight. Pulled the trigger on Ebay and when it showed up it was regular flex. My mistake as I had been looking at several clubs and wasn't paying enough attention when I added to my cart. I played it for a couple rounds and hated it. Shaft felt very whippy and ball ballooned severely. I picked up Matrix stiff from the forum as a temp fix and am very pleased with it.

Back