NorCal Crew hangout thread

Alight, so here are the tee times I have made for future get togethers, hopefully others want to play and we can at least fill out a foursome if not more.

Poppy Hills
Thursday 4/21 @ 3pm
mancest
ASN21
Mr. Hicksta
Mark_UK
- rate of $30 to walk, $15 additional for cart (This is the anniversary special)

Mocha Dehe
Saturday April 30th @ 2pm
mancest
ASN21
open
open
- rate of $79 (I think this includes cart, but I will need to double check)

Whoever wants to join either PM me or reply in this thread and I will put your name down. As I said, hopefully we can get another 4 some for either/both dates.

Scott and I are working on getting the greenlight to join you guys at Yocha on the 30th. Will let you know asap.

Had my first lesson today, went very well. The pro saw immediately what I needed to correct and I'm exited again after making some real good contact. Best of all, the suggestions made a lot of sense!

also, I think I'll let the thread regarding Sacramento play die, we can do that type of organizing here since that is what we are doing now anyway. I'll transfer people's preferences regarding the days they are usually avail to the first page of this thread and I'll update it regularly.

Were your lessons at Haggin? I have been looking around the area for lessons and it is nice to have some first hand feedback.

Thanks, Rob

Were your lessons at Haggin? I have been looking around the area for lessons and it is nice to have some first hand feedback.

Thanks, Rob

yep I went to Hagen and used one of the PGA pro's (Katie). She was good.

i expected the pro to change a bunch of things, but to my suprise she watched for a while, listened to what I wanted to do and made an udjustment (spine angle). I was thinning the ball. That was it. She said the rest of the swing was okay.

Ill go go back to her if I have more probs with something else.

Last edited:
Scott and I are working on getting the greenlight to join you guys at Yocha on the 30th. Will let you know asap.

No hurry, would love to play with you guys again but there are a few guys in Sacto that I am hoping will join us either way. We should at least have 4 and it would be great if we could get 6-8 dudes for a fun round at Yocha Dehe.

Played Yocha on Saturday, I didn't do too bad a few over my usual handicap, which was good considering I was in almost more than half the bunkers on the course, I literally should have worn flip flops and brought a beach chair. I cant remember the hole, but I went from Fairway bunker to a Fairway bunker further down then into the greenside bunker then chipped over the green into another bunker. On the plus side I really got to work on my bunker game and realized I wasn't as good out of the bunker as I thought. I would love to play on the 30th at Yocha with you guys, but of course it is the day of my Anniversary so I don't think Ill be able to make it. Can we set something up for maybe Turkey Creek or Lincoln hills the week after??

Played Yocha on Saturday, I didn't do too bad a few over my usual handicap, which was good considering I was in almost more than half the bunkers on the course, I literally should have worn flip flops and brought a beach chair. I cant remember the hole, but I went from Fairway bunker to a Fairway bunker further down then into the greenside bunker then chipped over the green into another bunker. On the plus side I really got to work on my bunker game and realized I wasn't as good out of the bunker as I thought. I would love to play on the 30th at Yocha with you guys, but of course it is the day of my Anniversary so I don't think Ill be able to make it. Can we set something up for maybe Turkey Creek or Lincoln hills the week after??

:laughing: This cracked me up.

Last edited:
Well the lesson I took a couple days ago has reall y helped on the course today. Played Empire Ranch and did okay, but did much better at ball striking. I hit a few very pure which is what I'm looking for. Wasn't concerned about the score, but rather making good contact. Feels very promising! Finally!

Any games going on this weekend?

I'm going to try and get out on Bayonet on Sunday assuming this rain lets up!

Nice! I may be coming that way again in a couple weeks, my realtor wants to put my house up and for me to get out of town so he can show it. If I come down, let's play!

Nice! I may be coming that way again in a couple weeks, my realtor wants to put my house up and for me to get out of town so he can show it. If I come down, let's play!

Definitely! Just let me know and we'll get out there!

NorCal Crew hangout thread

Tomorrow I've got a Masters tournament with my course's men's club. I've got to pick a golfer in the Masters top ten, then combine my score with their final result. Thinking about going against the grain and picking Sneds. What do you guys think? Safe pick or go for broke?

Tomorrow I've got a Masters tournament with my course's men's club. I've got to pick a golfer in the Masters top ten, then combine my score with their final result. Thinking about going against the grain and picking Sneds. What do you guys think? Safe pick or go for broke?

I don't think he'd be a bad pick, but then again I wouldn't blame you if you went safe with Rory or Jordan. Play well brotha!

I'd definitely go Spieth or Rors.

Sounds fun!

Sounds fun!

It was a lot of fun. Rain stayed away and it was really nice out. I ended up picking Snedeker and that looking like a decent selection. Ended up shooting an 81 with a triple, double and two birdies.

No hurry, would love to play with you guys again but there are a few guys in Sacto that I am hoping will join us either way. We should at least have 4 and it would be great if we could get 6-8 dudes for a fun round at Yocha Dehe.

I have a wedding on April 30th so I'm out for that unfortunately. Wedding is going to be a total bore but since it's family I can't skip.

Yeah, unfortunately that weekend isn't going to work for me as well. I really want to play that course though, hopefully later in the spring/summer.

Yeah, unfortunately that weekend isn't going to work for me as well. I really want to play that course though, hopefully later in the spring/summer.

We should try to play sooner rather than later, it gets way too hot down there in the summer...

Ended up in 4th place in my flight (lower cap flight). Also took a net skin with one of my birdies. Made a few bucks and had some fun.

Watched my buddy hit within 10 inches on a short par three. His closest to the pin got beat by an ace.

We should try to play sooner rather than later, it gets way too hot down there in the summer...

Maybe we can get something going in May..

April 15th, MasterCard is supposed to be opening up the TPC Harding Park experience and I am still planning on reserving a tee time for late morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back