slimjim32

Reaction score
Handicap
It's been so long since I have played golf in Portland, like 5+ years. I'm heading back up for leave here soon, and am looking to play a round or two (ok, maybe more). If any THPers want to or are able to join up, great. But my main focus for this thread is to find out how the courses are playing up there? I understand the weather has been pretty nice lately which should definitely help, but for my Portland area players what would you recommend?

what type of course you like? Pumpkin Ridge is the crown jewel, albeit a bit expensive for my taste. The Reserve is popular but I find it...mediocre. Langdon Farms hits a lot of sweet spots...affordable, decent layout (front is great, the back is...there...).

Heron Lakes, Great Blue is more poular but you cannot go wrong with either. Eastmoreland has its charms, Glendoveer is nice on the east side. If you do not mind driving a bit, Wildwood is a short but spectacular course and they have made a ton of improvements.

what type of course you like? Pumpkin Ridge is the crown jewel, albeit a bit expensive for my taste. The Reserve is popular but I find it...mediocre. Langdon Farms hits a lot of sweet spots...affordable, decent layout (front is great, the back is...there...).

Heron Lakes, Great Blue is more poular but you cannot go wrong with either. Eastmoreland has its charms, Glendoveer is nice on the east side. If you do not mind driving a bit, Wildwood is a short but spectacular course and they have made a ton of improvements.

I actually just received an email from PNGA about discounted golf at Pumpkin Ridge and plan on playing there with my dad (hopefully). I've never heard great stuff about The Reserve, so it has never been on my list of courses to play. Also hoping to go play Eastmoreland as that was the course my dad grew up playing and my grandpa played a lot. I have actually never played it.

I like golf courses. Growing up I played: Rose City, Columbia Edgewater, Broadmoor, Langdon Farms, Stone Creek and Salishan (not Portland I know, but a favorite) to name a few.

Back