Orrible driver swing good result

Luca__jack

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, im 23 of hcp and today a friend of mine took a video..

Basically my backswing is orrible even if i can get 230yr with it..

Is there any drill to make my swing more “normal”

Thank you

https://youtu.be/2kWxyuqPB0M

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, im 23 of hcp and today a friend of mine took a video..

Basically my backswing is orrible even if i can get 230yr with it..

Is there any drill to make my swing more “normal”

Thank you

https://youtu.be/2kWxyuqPB0M

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Imho from this limited rear view, at the top of your backswing your clubshaft has dropped below your left arm. This means you have rotated your left 'arm/forearm' too much in a clockwise direction . However , this doesn't matter if you correct for that rotation in the downswing providing you get back 'on-plane' .

'On plane' meaning that one end of the club is always tracing the ball-target line , especially in the functional swing plane phase (see yellow section of image below).

swingPlane.jpg

Through impact, it looks like you use a 'Drive-Hold' hand release action which means that the clubhead has not bypassed your 'functionally flat left wrist' for several inches post impact . This probably means you have kept the clubface square to the clubhead path for several inches post impact which , in theory, is beneficial for shot direction.

"Keeping the clubface square to the clubhead path during the clubhead's travel period through the immediate impact zone is very useful, because it allows a golfer to consistently hit straight shots without having to worry about perfectly timing any rolling motion of the clubface so that it is precisely square to the target at the exact moment of impact."

Note: The 'immediate impact zone' is the clubhead path position '6 inches before impact' to '6-9 inches post impact'

Probably need to look at a DTL and face-on view of your golf swing to get a better idea of what you are doing in your swing.

Last edited:
Back