Practice/Drill Recommendations after a long layoff?

Wonton

Sphincter says what?
Reaction score
Handicap
# Ish
Man, I missed THP! Haven't been on here since January and I missed it too much. Towards the end of 2018, I said to myself and on here that I want to be more active on this forum but it's gone complete the opposite. I'm sorry.
Life threw some tough things at me this year: Personal illness, lost and unemployment for 4 months, liver cancer diagnosis to a family member I love dearly, financially being F-ed; causing me to sell my irons and driver, etc.
But I still love this game of golf and I don't want to completely give up.

Anyway... enough of the pitty party! I was wondering what drills or practices that would be beneficial to someone who haven't golfed in 5-6 months. I'm a little limited to what I can work on. Obviously I can go putt and chip but I want to make the best of the little time I have. I still want to practice with purpose.

• Any specific short game drills that worked for you?
  • Any putting games I should play by myself?

Anywho, I hope everyone on THP are doing well! It looks like it has grown a lot in the past 6 months. A lot of new screen names!

At this point making practice swings in your back yard (or any place you are able to make a full swing), 10 minutes per day for a couple of weeks, is a good idea.
Once your body/muscles are accustomed to swinging a club again, at that time it would be helpful to visit a driving range and start striking some balls.

Back