The Bryson Dechambeau Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to sell a fair number of single length irons in the early 2000s. They are not for everyone, but they are remarkably easy to hit well.

I just watched DeChambeau's interview today, he seemed very calm for a guy that just tripled 18.

the one thing that peeked my interest is that he kept using the word journey, I wonder if that's a clue regarding his next sponsor

So when can this kid turn pro. He has a nice game.

He's going to on Monday

So since he has made the cut can he then collect any money earned for that position and that then automatically makes him pro?

So since he has made the cut can he then collect any money earned for that position and that then automatically makes him pro?
Nope, entered as an Am.

Nope, entered as an Am.
I never knew if it was how you enter the event or if you had a choice on collecting if you finished well.

I think he's doing so well in part because he's about the same age as Spieth so he has some catching up to do.

I never knew if it was how you enter the event or if you had a choice on collecting if you finished well.

Whatever you declare at registration remains thru the end if the event. The money he would win goes to the next person on the leaderboard iirc.

It was funny listening to the commentators call him a kid when he's the same age as Jordan. He is fun to watch and it will be interesting to see how he does when he turns pro next week.

It was funny listening to the commentators call him a kid when he's the same age as Jordan. He is fun to watch and it will be interesting to see how he does when he turns pro next week.

I get where most people associate "kid" with age but I think it's more about experience and I think that would show in all sports with what age they turned pro at. A kid isn't always age but more experience.

This guy is growing on me. I think I was wrong and this dude is going to win a lot of tournaments.

This guy is growing on me. I think I was wrong and this dude is going to win a lot of tournaments.

I can say I am impressed with how he hung in there until that 18th tee which I don't hold against him but shows nerves on final tees might get to him if he is in contention come sunday

You can enter Q school as an amateur and decide if you want to take your card if you golf well enough.
Individual tournaments you decide before, or in the case of you winning the entry through the amateur tournament you would forfeit the entry if you turn pro before.

I was really impressed with his poise as well. Will be interesting how he hangs in on moving day. He has game and see him winning some events.

I still find him odd, based in his presser and interviews. As a golfer though, holy crap I'm impressed. The way he kept his cool on 18 when the world was closing in on him. Impressive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think he is going to be a player to contend with for a long time.

I still find him odd, based in his presser and interviews. As a golfer though, holy crap I'm impressed. The way he kept his cool on 18 when the world was closing in on him. Impressive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The best part of 18, is when he didn't know the exact rules, and how vocal he was with asking questions. That shows someone that is not just in the moment, but thinking ahead.

I like physicists. DeChambeau isn't just unique, he's darn good at this game. I was so focused on his clubs and single plane iron swing that I completely missed what a beast he is with the big stick. Boom, he hits bullets way out there. He can play with anyone, and clearly he is poised, smart, and fun out there. Right now I am ready for a new TV series: Bryson the science golf guy! I think I need a new hat.

Nope, entered as an Am.

He could not have entered the Masters as a pro, since he only qualified under amateur qualification rules.

If he had Monday qualified for a normal Tour event as an amateur, he could choose to play as either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back