Scotty Cameron putters

We received a couple of the new ones as work....sigh.

We received a couple of the new ones as work....sigh.
What do you think? I thought I felt a difference between the 303Ss faces and the Aluminum faces, but maybe it's just mental.

What do you think? I thought I felt a difference between the 303Ss faces and the Aluminum faces, but maybe it's just mental.

I didn't notice much based on a couple carpet putts. They look soooo good though. Prices have gone up too much though and I don't mean retail.

I didn't notice much based on a couple carpet putts. They look soooo good though. Prices have gone up too much though and I don't mean retail.
Yeah they aren't cheap but after shopping for a DH89 or BB0 for the last month $365 USD was a price I'm good with.

Yeah they aren't cheap but after shopping for a DH89 or BB0 for the last month $365 USD was a price I'm good with.

haha true. Just hard to think about them being that much better than the previous version to increase in price as much as they have. Think once I sell mine, I'll be walking away from having one in the bag.

haha true. Just hard to think about them being that much better than the previous version to increase in price as much as they have. Think once I sell mine, I'll be walking away from having one in the bag.
It's an understandable position for sure. There are a ton of quality putters out there that don't break the bank.

I wonder how many customers will be put off by the price increase this go-round?

It's an understandable position for sure. There are a ton of quality putters out there that don't break the bank.

I wonder how many customers will be put off by the price increase this go-round?

I think the percentage will be small. Scotty guys are Scotty guys. I don't think we'll have any issue selling them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well I spent a bunch of time trying to discover and navigate my thoughts regarding the feel of the 2016 line so I compared it to the other putters I have access to. I tried putting with headphones and loud music to see if feel can be measured apart from sound but I'm not sure how much of an impact (if any at all) the grip plays in the softness or harshness in the hands.
The 2016 Newport has an extremely similar feel in the hands to my old TEI3, but when it comes to sound the TEI 3 is more of a soft "cluck" while the Newport is a soft "click".
It's not as soft in sound or feel as any of my deep milled models, and not near as soft as my V-Line with WHP insert - to no surprise.

Not sure if this actually makes any sense to people or not, but there it is.

I wish I spent more time comparing the Aluminum face of the Notchback/M2 to the 303SS face of the Newport line.

Well I spent a bunch of time trying to discover and navigate my thoughts regarding the feel of the 2016 line so I compared it to the other putters I have access to. I tried putting with headphones and loud music to see if feel can be measured apart from sound but I'm not sure how much of an impact (if any at all) the grip plays in the softness or harshness in the hands.
The 2016 Newport has an extremely similar feel in the hands to my old TEI3, but when it comes to sound the TEI 3 is more of a soft "cluck" while the Newport is a soft "click".
It's not as soft in sound or feel as any of my deep milled models, and not near as soft as my V-Line with WHP insert - to no surprise.

Not sure if this actually makes any sense to people or not, but there it is.

I wish I spent more time comparing the Aluminum face of the Notchback/M2 to the 303SS face of the Newport line.

I hit the notchback and the M2 yesterday at Roger Dunn, as well as the newports. I actually preferred the aluminum face to the 303 face. It had alot softer feel to me. But honestly, I really didn't like any of them enough to replace either of the Scottys I currently rotate in the bag.

Just browsing some of the SC headcovers on eBay. Man some people want a mint for them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Forget about just the headcovers - I was just checking out the Master's edition putters and even ball markers and other Scotty stuff - wow, some putters have traded for $1500+ and some of those headcovers for over $300. Is the Master's Scotty stuff really that collectible? With new ones out every year, I wonder if they retain any of that value.

On eBay I saw some headcovers where they wanted more for it than a set of irons. It's ridiculous really that someone would consider paying that.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I just got my 2016 Select Newport 2( VIEW INSTAGRAM HERE ):

12965795_791464190985568_1448737162_n.jpg

Anyone have feedback?

Looks good tinkerman

That's a pretty putter.

I need to make that one happen soon.

Scotty Cameron is such a cool name. I bet if his name was Stu Lipschitz it is likely we would never have seen one of his putters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not going to lie. This site just persuaded me to pick up a Newport.

That's a nice looking flow neck.

That is my favorite style for Cameron. Love love love the 2.5

Not going to lie. This site just persuaded me to pick up a Newport.

Dibs when it hits the marketplace;)

I'm really liking the looks of the new models. Nice pick up!

I rolled the M1 today and literally knocked in every put I tried. so before I left GS I ordered one at 36" since I am not your average height :)

Wish I could mishit like that one Matsu just put to 10ft on #10

Back