The Quick Six: Aldila Rogue 130 MSI

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff. So the 130 MSI is for the material used to great the shaft. Never knew that is what that number stood for.

• Admin
I should have one of these in the next week or so to mess around with. Based on the THP Reviews in that thread, I think I will like it.

Good read.

I'd love to get some swings in with this one at some point.

I spent enough time with the Rogue Silver over the years, that I'm guessing I'd like this one if I found the right weight/flex/head combo.

This sounds like a fantastic shaft and exactly what I would typically look for. Smooth-stability => sounds perfect!

I should have one of these in the next week or so to mess around with. Based on the THP Reviews in that thread, I think I will like it.
I donated my Callaway Epic that was hosting this shaft. I kept the shaft and am looking for a new mount. It's such a good shaft, you'll be pleased JB! Thanks for the info on the new offerings!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Admin
Going to be giving this one a try in a couple weeks and looking forward to it

Going to be giving this one a try in a couple weeks and looking forward to it

Nice! Going with stiff flex?

MSI is such an interesting conversation. Lots of people talking about fearing stiffness as the number increases.

• Admin
Nice! Going with stiff flex?

MSI is such an interesting conversation. Lots of people talking about fearing stiffness as the number increases.

We have a great video with Don Brown where he talks about MSI and the true meaning of it. It is important, but not necessarily what people think it is. Here are both episodes

I remember him talking about MSI. He said the shafts claiming 125msi are just using a couple flags of 125msi material. And if they made an all 125msi shaft it'd be brittle as hell. We were talking about the Rogue Silver 125 I had at the time.

Gonna have to watch these again when I get a chance to.

Back