Hello from Northern Virginia

madsquopper

Reaction score
Handicap
Retired a couple of months ago and spent last winter getting ready to take up golf (again, played all the time before going off to college and could shoot in the mid 80's back then). Got fitted and am starting out with a basic Strata Plus 16 set for now, although already don't like the driver all that much. Only been out on a real course a few times so far (executive par 3's twice and yesterday a real 18 holer). Initial goal is to consistently break 100; got off to a good start yesterday with a 96, admittedly from the senior tees (I'm 65 but don't feel or act it). Best part was walking the course and finishing in 4 hours (as part of a foursome). I hate having to wait to hit and now that I can play during the week that helps a lot. Have some questions but I'll post elsewhere if I can't find a related thread.

Larry

Retired a couple of months ago and spent last winter getting ready to take up golf (again, played all the time before going off to college and could shoot in the mid 80's back then). Got fitted and am starting out with a basic Strata Plus 16 set for now, although already don't like the driver all that much. Only been out on a real course a few times so far (executive par 3's twice and yesterday a real 18 holer). Initial goal is to consistently break 100; got off to a good start yesterday with a 96, admittedly from the senior tees (I'm 65 but don't feel or act it). Best part was walking the course and finishing in 4 hours (as part of a foursome). I hate having to wait to hit and now that I can play during the week that helps a lot. Have some questions but I'll post elsewhere if I can't find a related thread.

Larry

Welcome to THP!

Here is the thread of all of us local guys in the DMV. Hang out there & once in a while we put something together for us locals.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/44494-DC-MD-VA-Area-Chat

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome Larry!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP & congrats on retirement!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Congrats on retirement and :welcome: !

:welcome:

Welcome to THP & welcome back to golf! Congrats on the retirement!

Welcome and enjoy all the golf time you get to have in retirement!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!!

Back