The Car Shopping Thread

Definitely read the reviews, if you haven't. Have heard plenty of negative things about the interior, but that's subjective and may not apply to you. A test drive should help you gauge your thoughts on that, although the reviews of the seats being uncomfortable may only read their head on longer drives...which a test drive won't reveal.

Good thoughts. I have a friend with a Maserati that told me that are a maintenance nightmare. Not sure that will drive my decision as I change cars like underwear.

Your thoughts are solid - I'm heading to the dealer on Tuesday.

Good thoughts. I have a friend with a Maserati that told me that are a maintenance nightmare. Not sure that will drive my decision as I change cars like underwear.

Your thoughts are solid - I'm heading to the dealer on Tuesday.

Thanks for thoughts INWT, drove it today and I have mixed feelings. I'm 6'1" and the cockpit felt tight, not incredibly comfortable. The ride was good and I love the noise this car makes. It's just a sexy beast but I need to be comfortable or I won't want to drive it regularly. The intent was to replace a Cayman I use on the weekends. I don't think I found its replacement however.

The good news from today though is that I went across the road and test drove a new 2017 Audi A4 with the Prestige package. Never have owned an Audi but I'm looking for a new Monday to Friday car and this could be it - very impressed with the quality of the build, the ride, acceleration and technology they have packed into this car, very solid offering from Audi and at a good price point.

The Car Shopping Thread

Thanks for thoughts INWT, drove it today and I have mixed feelings. I'm 6'1" and the cockpit felt tight, not incredibly comfortable. The ride was good and I love the noise this car makes. It's just a sexy beast but I need to be comfortable or I won't want to drive it regularly. The intent was to replace a Cayman I use on the weekends. I don't think I found its replacement however.

The good news from today though is that I went across the road and test drove a new 2017 Audi A4 with the Prestige package. Never have owned an Audi but I'm looking for a new Monday to Friday car and this could be it - very impressed with the quality of the build, the ride, acceleration and technology they have packed into this car, very solid offering from Audi and at a good price point.

Good deal, the new A4 interior finally gave the Audi the update it deserved. Kind of weak on the power though and not sure about its exhaust note. Not sure what your thoughts are on the C450 AMG (soon to be rename C43 AMG), but it's got a phenomenally upscale interior, the signature AMG exhaust sound (one of the best in the world of cars in most people's opinions), and it's actually faster than the Maserati you were test driving. Great mix of fun and daily drive-ability. Comes in AWD (rear biased) with 4 different driving modes ranging from Comfort to Sport+, paired with many barrowed parts from the over the top C63, so you can pretty much choose your own adventure any time you get in...driving to work? Slap it in Comfort for a smooth ride. Looking to have a little fun? Put it in Sport+. Might be worth a look and test drive, just a thought.

Good deal, the new A4 interior finally gave the Audi the update it deserved. Kind of weak on the power though and not sure about its exhaust note. Not sure what your thoughts are on the C450 AMG (soon to be rename C43 AMG), but it's got a phenomenally upscale interior, the signature AMG exhaust sound (one of the best in the world of cars in most people's opinions), and it's actually faster than the Maserati you were test driving. Great mix of fun and daily drive-ability. Comes in AWD (rear biased) with 4 different driving modes ranging from Comfort to Sport+, paired with many barrowed parts from the over the top C63, so you can pretty much choose your own adventure any time you get in...driving to work? Slap it in Comfort for a smooth ride. Looking to have a little fun? Put it in Sport+. Might be worth a look and test drive, just a thought.

We bought my middle daughter a 2015 C63 last year when she graduated, it's a great car. I don't need that kind of power for sitting in traffic Monday to Friday, the A4 has all the giddy up I need, when test driving it you can thump it in sport mode. My weekend ride is what I'm going to continue the search on, may just end up in another Porsche when all is said and done but would like to do something different.

Heck of a graduation gift! Enjoy the car shopping process, it can be stressful but it's enjoyable with the right mindset.

Heck of a graduation gift! Enjoy the car shopping process, it can be stressful but it's enjoyable with the right mindset.

I have 3 princesses and rightly or wrongly give them everything I didn't have as a kid. Grew up in some pretty rough conditions so I've gone the opposite way with my children. 19" wheels on the Audi are sweet.

974bbfba12368c7f3e596b78b59b8195.jpg

I want this truck, badly. Anyone got $44k I can have.

fc033f750c388710cf50eeb2d9bf2031.jpg

I want this truck, badly. Anyone got $44k I can have.

fc033f750c388710cf50eeb2d9bf2031.jpg

44K sounds insane for a midsize truck, but hey at least inflation is very low... wait.

I do appreciate the 1995 rollbar throwback.

44K sounds insane for a midsize truck, but hey at least inflation is very low... wait.

But it has all kinds of extras. I'll wait a few years and pick it up used and save $20k.

44k for a Chevy Colorado.

Lol.....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's ridicule for 3/4 of a truck

My Tacoma ponder has kicked back in. I like my jeep but the Tacoma keeps popping in my head lately

My Tacoma ponder has kicked back in. I like my jeep but the Tacoma keeps popping in my head lately
I love mine.

Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some others but so far it's solid as a rock. The re design is amazing.

I love mine.

Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some others but so far it's solid as a rock. The re design is amazing.

And Toyota is proud of that thing. I know it will last, but talk about sticker shock

And Toyota is proud of that thing. I know it will last, but talk about sticker shock
?

Someone just posted 44k for a Colorado.

I paid 32 for my Tacoma. Even the limited is 37 I think.

Oh god those have the 3.6l in them.

Oof.

So is that a "stay far far away"?

?

Someone just posted 44k for a Colorado.

I paid 32 for my Tacoma. Even the limited is 37 I think.

I saw one here for $41k, but had the TRD package

Hmmmm maybe geographical?

I have the TRD sport.

44k for a Chevy Colorado.

Lol.....

My brother wanted one of those, and I was able to get up a brand new F150 Supercrew XLT 4x4 for a better price! lol

I feel like every truck gives me sticker shock at this point. I honestly have no idea how they have gone up so much in 10-15 years.

Back