OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone ever tried swinging a club in a pool in an effort to build golf specific muscles? I'm thinking about shoulder deep water. Not so deep you have to gasp for air, but not so shallow that you'd be splashing "divots" either.

Just a thought I had since I can't do anything without trying to tie golf in somehow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'd imagine there would be some beneficial core exercises that someone can do in the pool, I'm sure he even a lot of aquatic physical therapy exercises would help with that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'd imagine there would be some beneficial core exercises that someone can do in the pool, I'm sure he even a lot of aquatic physical therapy exercises would help with that

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm tossing around the idea of bringing one sometime to try. Not sure what club I'd wanna do it with though. I think a driver would be best, but not sure I have one I'd wanna take in the pool.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm tossing around the idea of bringing one sometime to try. Not sure what club I'd wanna do it with though. I think a driver would be best, but not sure I have one I'd wanna take in the pool.

As the water what added significant amount of resistance, I will just start with like a broomstick or maybe a wiffle bat

Then core exercises with a noodle float

I'm thinking the buoyancy of a driver head might make it pretty uncontrollable? I'd take a wedge and a long iron. If the wedge seems too easy (and I seriously doubt it would be) then go to the longer club.

I'm thinking the buoyancy of a driver head might make it pretty uncontrollable? I'd take a wedge and a long iron. If the wedge seems too easy (and I seriously doubt it would be) then go to the longer club.
I think a wedge would cut through the water due to the loft. I could be wrong, but that's my theory. You could be right about the driver.

Nice try OG.

As someone that understands physics, walk away my friend, walk away:)

Look at it from that perspective. If you still think it’s worthy of further exploration, try it, then walk away:)

Either way you’ll walk away from this. The only possible way it could benefit the golf swing, everything would have to be totally submerged. Humans can’t breathe in that case, and without that, it can’t benefit a golf swing.

I like where your mind is at, but if you think about it for just a sec.... this is not feasible. Even in a SCUBA environment, no. Think about it and then just no.

I think a wedge would cut through the water due to the loft. I could be wrong, but that's my theory. You could be right about the driver.

Sure. Make it as 90* all the way through everything. I guess it’s possible in theory. ?*♂️ ?

Back