Golf Scotland or Ireland?

Golf Scotland or Ireland?

• Scotland

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Ireland

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I chose Ireland, mainly due to the fact that I could drink copious amounts of alcohol and pick a fight with an Irish soccer houligan, just to see how tough I, and they, really are :bulgy-eyes:

You guys have been great so far and are really helping me with options. As this thread and poll shows its hard to pick just one.

Scotland...... Played Carnoustie, Muirfield, Troon and Birkdale last year. Carnoustie is my favorite course ever. Muirfield is life changing. Headed back over there in July for one day of the Open, and hitting up the Old Course, Dornoch, Turnberry and Carnoustie again. Ireland is just too tough to maneuver around, but courses are beautiful.

Why can't you play two rounds?

Question just had to be asked.

Whichever you decide, and you'll have fun whichever you choose, make sure you pack your rain gear!!!!!

Ireland for me. I golfed at Lahinch GC and it was magical! Plus, Cliffs of Moher is not too far from there.
I'm sure Scotland is nice too though.

Both great options so whatever you choose you will enjoy.

As a Scot, I'd vote Scotland and try for the old course even if it is obvious. Other options like Carnoustie, cruden bay, castle Stuart, gullane are all enjoyable.

My mate is from holywood in NI and raves about Royal Portrush so I would try that if you choose Ireland.

As others have said, how come only one round??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why can't you play two rounds?

Question just had to be asked.

Yes that is the Million dollar question. Basically it comes down to time. I can extend my trip by one day in one or the other country but don't have time for both well at least at this point. I do hope it changes by next year to give me a chance to do both, but if not than the help from my fellow THP members will go a long way if still limited.

Back