Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

I jumped in with both feet this morning and re-gripped hybrids, irons and wedges with MCC Plus 4s. Golf Pride, Lamkin and Winn measuring tools suggested midsize grips. The midsize MCC Plus 4 is big change for the lower hand when compared to tapered grips. I thought about muting the change with standard grips and +2 layers of tape but that's a guess so I stayed with the recommended size. Agree with others who suggest GP needs to expand color options for midsize grips. I'm playing on Wednesday and look forward to seeing how they perform.

I turned the grip so the logo is facing the ground when holding the club. My preference is a clean and uncluttered field of vision at address.

Driver and 3W have Winn Dri Tac grips. They're in good condition so I decided to keep them for now.

Have these on my XR pros. I have always used the MCC here in FL as it's the only grip that works (for me at least) in our humid summers. I tried the +4 for something different. They are noticeable but not super huge. I do notice it on my irons and like the feel. The grip almost feels a little more softer in my hand. Going from Driver or Hybrid to irons I notice a little difference using the +4 but not enough to switch out all my clubs.

I'm glad I bought them but not sure they will be on all of my clubs yet. FWIW mine are the standard size.

Have these on my XR pros. I have always used the MCC here in FL as it's the only grip that works (for me at least) in our humid summers. I tried the +4 for something different. They are noticeable but not super huge. I do notice it on my irons and like the feel. The grip almost feels a little more softer in my hand. Going from Driver or Hybrid to irons I notice a little difference using the +4 but not enough to switch out all my clubs.

I'm glad I bought them but not sure they will be on all of my clubs yet. FWIW mine are the standard size.

Did you use the Golf Pride measuring tool? Just curious.

I am going to be regrippping my clubs in the near future and I am trying to decide between these and the regular NDMC grips. Do any of you guys recommend these grips? I've never used any grips except for the ones that come on stock Titleist irons.

I moved from the NDMC to these and really like them a lot. Grips are a personal thing though, I'd recommend getting one club done first to see if you like them and then if you do get the rest done.

I've been using the MCC Plus 4 since release, I love them!

But I wish there were more colors!

I am going to be regrippping my clubs in the near future and I am trying to decide between these and the regular NDMC grips. Do any of you guys recommend these grips? I've never used any grips except for the ones that come on stock Titleist irons.
Slot of people love the grips I am not a fan they just don't feel good to me I played 4 rounds with them and ripped them off. I have just Regripped again and am trying the CP2 midsize wrap they are a really nice feeling grips as another option IMO

I currently have the GP Tour Wrap on my clubs that were installed by Titleist and like them a lot. My only complaint is now that summer is here, I am wiping them a lot because of moisture. How are the NDMC and the MCC Plus with moisture management? Tim

Actually having my new irons griped with these today. Been using Lamkin UTx wraps. I'll be able to compare both as I'm keeping the Lamkins on my driver and woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wanted to try midsize grips so I took the plunge and put the Midsize MCC Plus 4 grips on my irons and LOVE them. I don't have to build up tape for my lower hand to reduce the taper anymore. The gripping power is excellent so I can reduce my grip pressure which has helped the consistency of my release after the strike, eliminating pulled approach shots to the left. But what I like most is that they are midsize which has improved my feel (and comfort). Wish I'd converted to midsize long ago.

I put the midsize CP2 Wrap on my driver, 3 wood, and hybrid and they feel great as well. For some reason I only like multi-compound grips on my irons.

Last edited:
I installed these on a couple irons using air. They both slipped so I reinstalled them with an extra wrap of painter's tape and they slipped again. I've never had grips slip when using air. Perhaps the diameter or core is different? Anyone else have this problem?

So let me ask. If I built the bottom hand up 4 wraps on say a utx grip would this simulate the same reduced taper

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back