Ball recommendation?

jschiele01

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm a high handicapper with a driver swing speed of 105mph average, tend to hit straight shots, with a the high trajectory. This year my main focus is fixing my game from 100 yards in. I want to play the same ball all year for consistency. I tend to loose balls on the odd erratic tee shot, so I don't want to spend top dollar. I place priority on control rather than distance, and I like a eurethane cover. What ball do you think fits the bill best?

I'm a high handicapper with a driver swing speed of 105mph average, tend to hit straight shots, with a the high trajectory. This year my main focus is fixing my game from 100 yards in. I want to play the same ball all year for consistency. I tend to loose balls on the odd erratic tee shot, so I don't want to spend top dollar. I place priority on control rather than distance, and I like a eurethane cover. What ball do you think fits the bill best?
the best thing is to go through a ball fitting. Bridgestone offers a great online ball fitting tool and its really quick. Personally Im a big fan of the Chrome Soft and the B330. Both have previous generations that can be had for real cheap right now

the best thing is to go through a ball fitting. Bridgestone offers a great online ball fitting tool and its really quick. Personally Im a big fan of the Chrome Soft and the B330. Both have previous generations that can be had for real cheap right now

Great advice, The Bridgestone B330RX would seem to be a great fit but let the experts tell you!!

Project a is on the cheaper end of urethane balls and in my opinion spins as much as any more expensive ball in the short game.

I was in a similarsituation last year. Went with the Bridgestone B330 RX... never looked back.

I did try the Chrome Soft and Wilson Duo. No complaints about either one. B330 just performed better and felt better for me

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The premium Bridgestone balls are great. You are right at their 105 driver speed cutoff so if you are in a cooler temperature area consider playing the RX/RXS but you might like the firmer B330/B330S in the heat of the summer.

The Srixon Z series balls are great too.

Both previous season releases will be nicely discounted most stores...

To echo B-Stone love, my driver swing speed is in the 90's but I game the B-Stone RX and RXS for their spin and control on the greens, I was using the E5 before that. I get them used in bulk online (not refurbished) to save some coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I will pick up some B330RX's to try. Golftown has previous generations on sale! Thanks for the suggestions guy's.

You'll like the B330RX's those are really good! As are the Chrome Softs...can't go wrong either way.

You may want to try the Wilson Zip, a good cheap alternative to Pro V1 as your learning. 2 doz new about $17 - $18.

Try a sleeve of Srixon Soft Feel.

Bridgestone B330RX or The new Nike Golf RZN Tour Black.

Back