The Jordan Spieth Thread

I think the weather really contributed to his slow play. He was constantly rechecking the wind.

NO, he is just s-l-o-w.
I followed him at the Shell Houston Open for a while and I wanted to put him in the commercial where they say "while we're young".

If he can keep his emotions in check I expect him to win. Not paying close attention before I was really surprised to see how things like gusts of wind really threw him off.

NO, he is just s-l-o-w.
I followed him at the Shell Houston Open for a while and I wanted to put him in the commercial where they say "while we're young".

Agree, he is really slow out there. But I don't have an issue with it. I actually enjoy when they listen in on his discussions with his caddie. But all things golf are still fresh for me, so maybe a few years from now it will drive me crazy. Not yet.

If it's a 1 shot lead heading into 17 & 18 I think it becomes very mentally challenging for Jordan. If he can manage those emotions he will be slipping that 2nd green jacket on.

It's going to be a fun day for sure!

While I would agree that Jordan is slow it doesn't help us that the TV has to show all his convos with the caddie and everything, his caddie is famous. Cover some other guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golf shows who drives the needle. That same comment about "cover some other guys" was a constant theme when Tiger was playing good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Golf shows who drives the needle. That some comment about "cover some other guys" was a constant theme when Tiger was playing good.

Good point, but I still would have rather seen a little more Rory yesterday and less of Spieth doing nothing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Golf shows who drives the needle. That same comment about "cover some other guys" was a constant theme when Tiger was playing...

FIFY. Tiger coverage was very annoying. Even when he wasn't playing well you'd see tiger tiger tiger some else swing tiger reaction to a spectator tiger swing tiger reaction to a similar shot 5 years ago etc.

Viewership was always up significantly when Tiger played. It's a business after all.

BINGO!

You want to know the difference between Jordan and half the PGA Tour? Watch how he handles himself here.

You want to know the difference between Jordan and half the PGA Tour? Watch how he handles himself here.
I expect nothing less than humility and grace. He's a good kid.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Was pulling for Spieth to choke, so this made me happy. Used to like him a lot, but for whatever reason he's started to rub me the wrong way.

****ing Brilliant Jordan. You are a man amongst men with that interview.

****ing Brilliant Jordan. You are a man amongst men with that interview.
Not sure how he did that. He's a good kid, and I just became a bigger fan.

How people can cheer for him to choke is effing beyond me.

Absolutely.

That was a tough interview to do, but to now put the jacket on the winner, is even harder.

Okay, the class and integrity counts for more than the slow play. Well done. I'm back to being a fan.

Man do I look forward to watching this young man be successful for years to come! A class act unsurpassed at the moment.

e2ea91a23672778c12e87abb82220ad5.jpg

That interview made me more of a fan for Jordan.

What an interview. Jordan having a tough evening but handles it all with class.

Jordan did that interview pretty damn good considering. A class act.

Back