St. Louis, MO THP Outing - Gateway National April 16, 2016

I got some work to do this week. Playing bogey golf right now (which pretty much fits my current 15.6 cap) but my short game is crap.

That's probably what's keeping us scoring where we are right now.

We have 10 right now. If you want to reach out, feel free. Otherwise I can turn the last 4some in to a 2 some.

Ok, stay tuned

Put me down as a 15, I had a good round yesterday and that's what I played to. (15.1 actually) We'll see how today goes, but I've got plans to put in some work this week and get there.

Anyone heard from or know Hammer84, posted on the first page and haven't seen him on here since. Not sure if he's still in or playing both days or can't make it at all.

I haven't. I'll shoot him a PM.

So here are the scorecards I came up with -
Screenshot%202016-04-09%2009.25.32_zpsnw21tjwe.png

Net = Gross - Handicap strokes for this hole.
Team Net = Lowest Net score between player 1 and player 2.

Ignore the "Blue". I put in the white yardages for sake of yardages. Why don't we all just play from the whites to make it fair for everyone?

Here is the official format -

• 2 Man teams
  • Everyone Plays his own ball from tee to green.
  • Best Net score of Team is the score for the hole.
  • We will be playing from the whites.
  • Prize for 1st place and last place.
  • Long Drive on Hole 3.
  • Closest to the Pin on Hole 12.
  • Longest Putt on Hole 9.
  • All Handicaps will be rounded up. So, if you are a 15.1 you will get 16 strokes.

Here are the participants with Handicaps -

• wubears71 - 7.5
  • 5150 - 15.7
  • Daddio - 16.4
  • so-illhacker - 15
  • LSMO - 5.6
  • hammer84 - 9.9
  • Hunter57 - 8
  • Zenger - 4.7
  • Zenger guest - 9
  • mr3putt - 6

Last edited:
Those look great wubears71, fantastic job on them!!!

Sounds good wubears71. I got one friend to join us; working on one more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here are the scorecards I came up with -
Screenshot%202016-04-09%2009.25.32_zpsnw21tjwe.png

Net = Gross - Handicap strokes for this hole.
Team Net = Lowest Net score between player 1 and player 2.

Ignore the "Blue". I put in the white yardages for sake of yardages. Why don't we all just play from the whites to make it fair for everyone?

Here is the official format -

• 2 Man teams
  • Everyone Plays his own ball from tee to green.
  • Best Net score of Team is the score for the hole.
  • We will be playing from the whites.
  • Prize for 1st place and last place.
  • Long Drive on Hole 3.
  • Closest to the Pin on Hole 12.
  • Longest Putt on Hole 9.
  • All Handicaps will be rounded up. So, if you are a 15.1 you will get 16 strokes.

• wubears71 - 7.5
  • 5150 - 15.7
  • Daddio - 16.4
  • so-illhacker - 15
  • LSMO - 5.6
  • hammer84 - 9.9
  • Hunter57 - 8
  • Zenger - 4.7
  • Zenger guest
  • mr3putt - ???

As I posted somewhere in here. Im a lousy 6 :bulgy-eyes:

Great post-round watering hole for those of you staying in the Fairview Heights area - http://globalbrew.com/

No food, just a couple hundred different beers.

Mmmmm. Looks like an great idea for dessert

I'm pretty sure we were at 8. I'll add some names off the top of my head and go back through the thread and edit as needed.

so-illhacker
Daddio +2 guests
mr3putt
hunter57
gotta look around to find the rest.

Both my guests (Brian & Scott) confirmed they were very much looking forward to Sunday. If possible could I request that I be paired with them Sunday? I've played with Scott (my daughter's BF) before, but never with his dad.

Both my guests (Brian & Scott) confirmed they were very much looking forward to Sunday. If possible could I request that I be paired with them Sunday? I've played with Scott (my daughter's BF) before, but never with his dad.

I don't think that would be a problem at all, Sunday is just a round to get together and get in some more golf and enjoy some good company.

Looking forward to this! Thanks for all the work youvhave put in Tim! It is much appreciated!

My guest is probably an 8 or 9 handicapable

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've put together some teams based on handicaps. My goal was to put a high handicapper with a low handicapper and then the mid handicappers paired up with each other. It ultimately should not matter too much since we are playing net scores.

• wubears71 - 7.5
  • 5150 - 15.7
  • Daddio - 16.4
  • so-illhacker - 15
  • LSMO - 5.6
  • hammer84 - 9.9
  • Hunter57 - 8
  • Zenger - 4.7
  • Zenger guest 1 - 9
  • Zenger guest 2 - ???
  • mr3putt - 6

Here are the teams and Tee Times:

• 11:03
    • Team 1 - Zenger and Daddio
    • Team 2 - wubears71 and Zenger Guest
  • 11:12
    • Team 3 - LSMO and 5150
    • Team 4 - mr3Putt and so-illhacker
  • 11:21
    • Team 5 - Hunter57 and hammer84
    • Team 6 - Zenger Guest 2 and ???

However, if there is someone you really want to play with, then let me know and we can certainly change the teams.

Finally, I have not heard from hammer84 so if he backs out, we can put one of zenger's guests in his spot. If we have an odd number of people, I will be fine playing without a partner.

The only request i have is that Zenger and I are in the same 4some but not the same team - #THPCallout baby!

Last edited:
I've put together some teams based on handicaps. My goal was to put a high handicapper with a low handicapper and then the mid handicappers paired up with each other. It ultimately should not matter too much since we are playing net scores.

• wubears71 - 7.5
  • 5150 - 15.7
  • Daddio - 16.4
  • so-illhacker - 15
  • LSMO - 5.6
  • hammer84 - 9.9
  • Hunter57 - 8
  • Zenger - 4.7
  • Zenger guest 1 - 9
  • Zenger guest 2 - ???
  • mr3putt - 6

Here are the teams and Tee Times:

• 11:03
    • Team 1 - Zenger and Daddio
    • Team 2 - wubears71 and Zenger Guest
  • 11:12
    • Team 3 - LSMO and 5150
    • Team 4 - mr3Putt and so-illhacker
  • 11:21
    • Team 5 - Hunter57 and hammer84
    • Team 6 - Zenger Guest 2 and ???

However, if there is someone you really want to play with, then let me know and we can certainly change the teams.

Finally, I have not heard from mr3putt so if he backs out, we can put one of zenger's guests in his spot. If we have an odd number of people, I will be fine playing without a partner.

The only request i have is that Zenger and I are in the same 4some but not the same team - #THPCallout baby!
Sorry for confusion. I've only got one guest who is an 8 or 9 handicapable.

Sorry for confusion. I've only got one guest who is an 8 or 9 handicapable.

No problem. The OP has been updated.

I just shot Hammer84 a PM to see if he's still in. He has not been on the forum since 3/20.

wubears71 - I was able to get a local guy to join us. Would appreciate it if we could play together. Thanks!

mr3putt, hope I can help you out a little. Getting ready to go try to get in 18 before the Masters, if the weather will work with me a little bit.

wubears71 - I was able to get a local guy to join us. Would appreciate it if we could play together. Thanks!

Perfect! I got him paired up with you. Any idea on Handicap?

This will work out well since we don't know about Hammer84.

I'd put him at about bogey golf... let's say 18.

Looking forward to this weekend. Going to be a long week waiting!

Looking forward to this weekend. Going to be a long week waiting!

I'm with you on that, this week is going to drag! Really looking forward to playing with you all.

Storms rolling through the area now with the rest of the week looking great all the way through the weekend. Might be enough for Gateway to firm up a little bit by the time we play.

If numbers work out such that we need another local guy to fill a foursome Sunday I might have another guy. Just incase kinda thing, no biggie.

If numbers work out such that we need another local guy to fill a foursome Sunday I might have another guy. Just incase kinda thing, no biggie.

5150 has the Sunday round tee times scheduled and I'm sure he'll be checking in here shortly to let you know where we're at. I'll look back through and see what the numbers look like again.

Back