Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! No. Mike. He could not be happier. Golfjunki71 loves his, too.
I could sell a kidney....

golfjunki has not kept a set of irons longer then a month.

Thinking of geting a 50,54,58 set of wedges from maltby and stick True Temper dg spinner in them. Will only cost $160 for all which is much better than any other forged wedge. Has anyone hit maltby wedges before?

Pondering masters edition NDMC platinum grips, and also J15CBs. The proshop at my home course just switched from TM to bridgestone and a friend of mine just ordered a set yesterday for $625 which seems super cheap. Ive been looking on ebay and no price is remotely close to that brand new. Im thinking ill see what kind of trade in he'll give me on my rocketbladez tours and maybe a few other clubs. I was just looking over the specs and was surprised at the change it lofts from the J40s to the J15s seems like they will be atleast a club longer. I see a lot of guys on here that love their J15s

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Pondering masters edition NDMC platinum grips, and also J15CBs. The proshop at my home course just switched from TM to bridgestone and a friend of mine just ordered a set yesterday for $625 which seems super cheap. Ive been looking on ebay and no price is remotely close to that brand new. Im thinking ill see what kind of trade in he'll give me on my rocketbladez tours and maybe a few other clubs. I was just looking over the specs and was surprised at the change it lofts from the J40s to the J15s seems like they will be atleast a club longer. I see a lot of guys on here that love their J15s

I've only warmed-up with the CBs at a fitting, but they were a full club longer than mine and I hit them right where I aimed every time. I saw a Bridgestone rep at our course and he said most see a full club of extra distance. I hit my 6 right at 180. The CB 6 was 190-192!

Heavenwood

One of Those new Cameron's

GP Tour SNSR Contour putter grips for several of my other putters.

Massive fan of this shape and feel.

GP Tour SNSR Contour putter grips for several of my other putters.

Massive fan of this shape and feel.

Review isn't up yet right?!

Review isn't up yet right?!

Should be this week.

The Straight is solid too very SS like there, but the Contour with the pistol shape built in at the butt end is freaking fantastic.

Should be this week.

The Straight is solid too very SS like there, but the Contour with the pistol shape built in at the butt end is freaking fantastic.

Sounds good!!!

I talked w a guy today who recently bought the entire bag (not putter). He gained 6 mph swing speed w irons and is now 12 yds longer w irons and 25 yds longer w driver. His miss is no longer a fade.
Oh, and he is a 1 hcp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he gained 6mph club head speed with his irons and only gained 12 yards, the irons are pretty average.

Danny Willets WITB

Orange whip

I'm really thinking about pulling the plug on a new utility iron, and ditching the 5w

I'm really thinking about pulling the plug on a new utility iron, and ditching the 5w

I've spoken with my instructor numerous times about dropping the two hybo for a utility iron. He thinks I'll get more out of it then the hybo.

Alright THP, recommend me a hybrid. I have recently reminded that my misses live out on the toe, and the results from my J40's are hella no bueno when I do that.

So which ones do you guys like that shine out on the toe? I prefer less offset if possible, but I'm also aware that offset won't cause a hook, it's just a look preference.

Alright THP, recommend me a hybrid. I have recently reminded that my misses live out on the toe, and the results from my J40's are hella no bueno when I do that.

So which ones do you guys like that shine out on the toe? I prefer less offset if possible, but I'm also aware that offset won't cause a hook, it's just a look preference.

G30s were pretty solid for me. Can't speak to the toe miss, but I found them a solid upgrade from the J40s. If I could do it again, I'd go with the tour shaft though.

G30s were pretty solid for me. Can't speak to the toe miss, but I found them a solid upgrade from the J40s. If I could do it again, I'd go with the tour shaft though.

I never give Ping a fair shake (I know, silly LOL), but will have to check them out. Since you previously played the J40's, how would you compare them?

If you want something that you can try for cheap, the 588 hybrid is great and I haven't found the toe to be too punishing, and I bet you could get one for $20 or something.

OITW has a Tour Edge Exotics EX9 hybrid that I've taken 2 swings with and wanted to steal both times. That one is more iron replacement-y, with a recoil shaft.

I never give Ping a fair shake (I know, silly LOL), but will have to check them out. Since you previously played the J40's, how would you compare them?

It's understandable. I haven't liked any of their woods really until last year. Compared to the J40s, I'd say they play pretty similar. Easy to look at, I don't think they have too much offset, and I'm same as you with hybrids. Love the flat black. Distance wise, I'd say they're a step up on the J40s, or were for me anyways. Dispersion seemed similar to me. Great news is they're a year old now, so deals can be had for sure. Go give 'em a swing at the store if you can.

EDIT: I'm currently pondering a Seemore Z3c or standard Z3. Wish they weren't so dang expensive though!

If you want something that you can try for cheap, the 588 hybrid is great and I haven't found the toe to be too punishing, and I bet you could get one for $20 or something.

OITW has a Tour Edge Exotics EX9 hybrid that I've taken 2 swings with and wanted to steal both times. That one is more iron replacement-y, with a recoil shaft.

EX9 is an AWESOME suggestion. I hadn't even thought of those, they look exactly like I want a hybrid to look, and being TEE they're actually a minor bargain at $160 new. Hoping the shop has some to try. I've not tried the 588 either because I was always scared it would have a bunch of offset like the Mashie+, but looking online proves that's not the case.

It's understandable. I haven't liked any of their woods really until last year. Compared to the J40s, I'd say they play pretty similar. Easy to look at, I don't think they have too much offset, and I'm same as you with hybrids. Love the flat black. Distance wise, I'd say they're a step up on the J40s, or were for me anyways. Dispersion seemed similar to me. Great news is they're a year old now, so deals can be had for sure. Go give 'em a swing at the store if you can.

EDIT: I'm currently pondering a Seemore Z3c or standard Z3. Wish they weren't so dang expensive though!

Thanks man. Definitely sound like an improvement. Will take some swings for sure!

Small ponder for me, it's time for a new towel for the bag. It's something so small yet I'm having a harder time deciding which one to get than I have with any other recent purchase.

Small ponder for me, it's time for a new towel for the bag. It's something so small yet I'm having a harder time deciding which one to get than I have with any other recent purchase.

Clubglove players towel!

EX9 is an AWESOME suggestion. I hadn't even thought of those, they look exactly like I want a hybrid to look, and being TEE they're actually a minor bargain at $160 new. Hoping the shop has some to try. I've not tried the 588 either because I was always scared it would have a bunch of offset like the Mashie+, but looking online proves that's not the case.

Thanks man. Definitely sound like an improvement. Will take some swings for sure!

iirc the ex9 was a little bulkier than it looked in pics. i don't want a fairway head size in a hybrid, although i also don't want something like the adams pro. you know my homerism, and i think the j15 is perfect. it will hook off the toe, though, then again what hybrid won't? i've heard the apex hybrid is pretty square without draw bias.

iirc the ex9 was a little bulkier than it looked in pics. i don't want a fairway head size in a hybrid, although i also don't want something like the adams pro. you know my homerism, and i think the j15 is perfect. it will hook off the toe, though, then again what hybrid won't? i've heard the apex hybrid is pretty square without draw bias.
I'm definitely still keeping the J15 in the running, but got a few more options now haha. Also the EX9 is a little cheaper as well which doesn't hurt. Hopefully I can hit it at the shop.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back