How did you get in to golf?

A knee surgery took me off the tennis court about 6 years ago. About that same time I had a group of friends from church that invited me to play a round with them while on a retreat. I hadn't ever played a full 18 holes until then, and had a fun time. Had a set of old irons given to me, and shortly thereafter found THP and the rest is history.

Spencer, your story reminded me of an outing about a dozen years ago. We arranged a round for some of us on the way to our church's Men's Retreat. One young guy wanted to tag along to see what this golf thing was all about and the course allowed us to let him ride along. On the 2nd hole, I made a hole-in-one. The guys kept kidding that our tag along is going to think that happens all the time. While he didn't swing a club that day, he really got the bug based on the camradary he experienced that day.

3 year university this guy blows up on the scene. Never watched golf on tv but a buddy and I were taken with Tiger and decided to take some lessons between classes at the university golf course. 4 lessons turned to 8 turned to a 20 year journey. I will say, taking lessons from the get go fasttracked me into the game.

Back