What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

After my live ball fitting recommended the B330RXS, I grabbed a sleeve and played today. Pretty windy.
I did not lose a ball today! Solid distance, predictable iron behavior, great around the greens and out of bunkers. Felt fine w putter.
I will play this ball until I lose them, then back to the stash of other balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Chrome Soft today. Really good from 65 yards and in. Putts great. I have been alternating between it and the B-330RX, both great balls, I think I get just a bit better check with the Chrome soft.

2016 B330-S today. I loved it.

New chrome soft again. And again it performed and performed well. This was the only time I saw any type of wear from my wedges out of the bunkers. Nothing alarming but a bit of a rough spot.

The ball travels, spins, jumps, stops, drops and rolls. An excellent offering from our friends at Callaway

Spent the weekend playing the 2016 B330. I was really impressed with the performance of the ball and look forward to playing a few more rounds with them.

Grabbed a srixon q star the latest version with 2nd generation spin skin. It was brand new and for the second time on my second hit it started to peel the top layer/finish off. I think it was the spin skin, but I could here it flapping throughout the flight. It still performed great but may turn me away from the new ones when I never had this on the last version.

SR2 and Chrome+. I still love the Chrome + glad I picked up a few dozen on boxing day.

Played the new Chrome Soft for the first time in a tournament yesterday. I figured that I loved the first one so much that it wouldn't be a huge issue to just put it into tournament play. I really enjoyed the new ball, felt a bit firmer than the previous version off all clubs, but felt very good overall. Can't wait to spend more time with the ball, but for now I see no reason to not keep it in play.

Played the Bridgestone E6 Azalea ball all weekend. Great surlyn ball, cover takes a few knocks, love the Azalea markings in it, soo easy for me to identify my ball.

Ball is great from tee to green, on some short game shots I have trouble on it holding which is where I wish it was surlyn but for cold weather low compression this ball is solid.

Played the Q Star. Continues to be my favorite ball in the $20 range. Predictable around the greens - not as spinny as a urethane ball, of course, but still a decent amount of spin on pitches. Great feel off of every club as well.

I had been using the Wilson Ultra 500, but after getting fit by Danny (UST), he had me play a round with the Bridgestone Lady Precept. He wanted me to try a softer ball and that's what he had. Have to say that it's difficult to pin point the difference in the ball since I was changing the clubs, shafts, AND the ball. He did recommend me trying out the e6, so I've ordered some and will get to try it out my next time on the course. Looking forward to it.

B330rx again. Really enjoying it. Couldn't get any spin today on the greens but that could have been the conditions.

I went out Saturday to play a round with the new Titleist DT Trusoft. I liked it. I did only get to play 2.5 holes since it started snowing and they shut the course down. The ball was still soft and had a good feel for being cold enough to be snowing. The yellow color stood out and was easy to see through the snow. I hit one branch off a tee shot and noticed that the cover was damaged more than expected. I do not know if this damage from the branch was exacerbated because of the cold temp or if the new covers are just not durable. This picture does not show how deep that scratch is but its the scratch that took off the arrow left of the DT. Its pretty deep.

Unknown_zpsmqp6tno3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Played a Callaway Super Soft yesterday for the first time. I actually found the thing Friday and it looked brand new. To be honest, I would not have bought the Super Soft, because I play the Chrome Soft when I play Callaway, and have a couple dozen of those. But, I have to say it was a pleasure gaming the SS, and I think it will be my ball for cold weather in the future. Felt great off metals and irons, seemed to stick well enough on the greens, and I had a slew of 1-putts with it. Very nice ball for the price point.

B330 RX 2016 version and I just am more impressed the more I get to play this ball.

Callaway SR2 for 8 holes, until I lost the two I started with. A solid ball, behaved like I expect a premium ball to behave, good spin, good distance, good feel.
Then finished with a ProV1x. Behaved as expected.

Titleist why have you forsaken me? Signed up as a tester and this is what comes in the mail yesterday.

17418f59b3f16a737d1b1ea4fefab234.jpg

Played the Chrome Soft for 18 yesterday and it performed great and held up well.

ProV1 last night for 9 hole league. Driver was off, but that's not the balls fault. Felt performance around the green as usual.

A great line someone once told me that rings true in so many ways..."Big girls need loving too"

Titleist why have you forsaken me? Signed up as a tester and this is what comes in the mail yesterday.

17418f59b3f16a737d1b1ea4fefab234.jpg

I'm beginning to think performance balls are wasted on me. I played a ladies Vision ball and it was great! Good distance, soft feel, a little run out off of the approach shots. Could not putt at all tho.

TM Lethal - awesome distance off the irons and driver. Good spin from my approach, had a couple one hop and stop which was nice. But I liked it especially when putting, not hard or soft off the putter and managed to keep them close to the hole

I played a ProV1 today for nine holes. I haven't played them in a while and my swing has improved since. The ball seemed to go a lot farther off the tee and around the green was great.

Back