SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've seen all kinds of lies in my life, balls enbedded in the side of a tree stump, up in a tree.
But my buddy Kyle had this lie in the rough, a bit off the beaten path last night, lol
We said play it as it lies, he's like 'I don't want to hurt the little guy'... We laughed. 'he's flat man, don't think you have to worry about it'.
You ever have a really bad/funny lie?
4dbf346e5cf883ef26d2ea26513cb2da.jpg
5f131625a802b1f0c31ec667fc2e72c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Yep, I don't think he will feel any pain. I've had some bad ones but never one where I had to try to figure out how a dead animal was going to impact contact and ball flight.

If I'm Kyle I only play that as it lies if I can play it with one of you clubs. Wretched.

If I'm Kyle I only play that as it lies if I can play it with one of you clubs. Wretched.

haha. He did move his ball.

No animals were harmed in making this post!

He should have moved the dead animal, which is considered a loose impediment, instead of his ball. That being said, I would have done the same thing because who wants to touch a dead animal?!

He should have moved the dead animal, which is considered a loose impediment, instead of his ball. That being said, I would have done the same thing because who wants to touch a dead animal?!

Was gonna say, I’m not touching that with my hand or club!

you have the perfect name for this thread nogophers lol. Pretty sure it was a gopher, as it was too big for a squirrel.

you have the perfect name for this thread nogophers lol. Pretty sure it was a gopher, as it was too big for a squirrel.

Ha! Never caught that. Just a simple Badger fan who likes to make fun of the tiny rodent representing the University of MN.

I'd take the penalty rather than have to deal with whatever nose hair burning smell was going to come after hitting that.

I'd take the penalty rather than have to deal with whatever nose hair burning smell was going to come after hitting that.

I think you can move the animal as a loose impediment. Obviously this is an area where a rules official ought to be able to apply common sense in a tourney and in a game with friends common sense also ought to be applied.

I've hit geese in the fairway before, but Ive never hit an animal so hard it died in the past...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Haha, of all the places for the ball to stop... should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

Was gonna say, I’m not touching that with my hand or club!
Ya, what if you were buttering your bread with your club, yuck. (cue in other post where they buttered bread with a club).

During a high school golf tournament I hit my drive under a tree. I had a swing in it but right next to the ball was a deer leg. That one is still fresh in my mind after all these years.

I am moving the ball and not touching the animal and I do not care what anyone says.

As far as weird lies off the top of my head. Cup holder of cart, parking lot, in the bathroom entry, on the paved entry of the pro shop, 3 feet in the air somehow held up by water reeds type grass, under a honey bee hive stand thingy, on a frozen lake.

I am moving the ball and not touching the animal and I do not care what anyone says.

As far as weird lies off the top of my head. Cup holder of cart, parking lot, in the bathroom entry, on the paved entry of the pro shop, 3 feet in the air somehow held up by water reeds type grass, under a honey bee hive stand thingy, on a frozen lake.

The frozen lake thing brings back a memory of that as well, playing for money with my friend, he hits a ball into the water, but its actually on the thin ice near edge. He was able to hit it out, and save bogey I believe. He beat me by one stroke... lol

Back