What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like high 70s are in the crosshairs for 2016! Nice work Greg!
Thanks.

Why I hadn't thought of it, I don't know, but it was also brought to my attention that I'm playing with irons that were fit to me two and a half years ago. I've been compensating for a pull for some time now, and after having hit a guy's irons that were two degrees flat, I've decided I need to get fit again. I don't play the same game now that I did then, so it would make sense two degrees up may not be the best for me. I'm not going to be able to have great chips and drain everything every time. 8 one putts helped immensely, too.

78 on Saturday with no birdies. It was kind of a mixed bag. I wasn't hitting my driver as straight as usual, but the rest of my game saved me. All in all, I wasn't ecstatic, but I'm encouraged that better scores aren't too far off.

Pretty disappointing 98 at my home course. Last round with my 545s and they were pretty solid for me today.
My first 6 drives of the day were awesome. All high and straight with one getting out to 250. After that it was a disaster for about 6 holes. Finished ok down the stretch.
Broke in a new putter and I liked it a lot just have to get used to it.
Overall I need to get to a range and really practice. With the weather lately I have not done that enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Royal New Kent from the blacks, 6700. Most windy day I can remember playing on. Shot a great 79 with 1 bird and a dumb double. I was really nervous about this round, thinking I was ready for lessons because of a slump. I'm happy to report that a lesson isn't necessary. I just needed some time off. I feel I hit the ball great today and could have been a great scoring round if the wind wasn't so severe.

12 fairways
11 greens
3 up and downs
31 putts.

I'm really looking forward to playing in the practice round with everyone and trying to be helpful host to " ALL " those who need some local knowledge of the course.

43/44-87 today. No great holes, no blowup holes. Pretty blah round, other than I was out golfing with my wonderful wife who shot 91 in her second full round of the year.

39 today on 9. Not too shabby, one blow up hole.

85 today in my practice round for our 2 man this coming weekend. Lost one ball with a bad shot but felt good about it. Pins were in some pretty tough places already but green could be faster. I was leaving a lot of putts short.

Shot 40/40-80 for the first 18 holes then played the back again and shot a 35 (-1), which ties my PB for 9 holes at my home course.

The golf started rough and got better as the day went on. The front 9, I couldnt hit a wedge to save my life so Im thankful that my score there wasnt worse. The back was a lot better, and I was only +1 going #17 but I got a terrible kick on my drive and end up OB. I also put my 4th shot in the water on that hole, so I was lucky to walk away with a triple bogey 8.

The final 9 felt so good. I was hitting shots where I wanted for the most part, made 3 birdies, and came to #18 at -2 and a chance to make par to set my PB, but I made bogey from 115 out.

Feels so great to break par for 9 this early in the season. I hope this is a sign of things to come!

Played the shorter combo tees at my course due to the wind and cold (about 6,400 and about 38 at tee off) and shot 34-36. Was a bit frustrated with a double on 17 thanks to a brutal bunker lie.

Not mad. I really felt like I had control of my ball for a majority of the round. Also managed six birdies which is always fun. So confident in my putter right now it's crazy.
6 birdies is the real deal, wow.

I've been giving myself a ton of birdie looks lately but my conversion rate needs to go up in a bad way.

Got in 9 holes after work. 45. A bit of rain the last 5 holes. Had a 3 hole par stretch at one point. Decent round until a triple on the last.

37/40 at Foothills Golf course. 4 bogeys, one double, and one birdie

37/40 at Foothills Golf course. 4 bogeys, one double, and one birdie

Breaking 80 again. Looks like everything is getting dialed in club clash

Breaking 80 again. Looks like everything is getting dialed in club clash
This stupid game lol. Some days it feels good and comes together. I could have shot much better if it wasn't punched plinko greens. I left so many birdie putts just short. Then other days I feel like I just started playing

This stupid game lol. Some days it feels good and comes together. I could have shot much better if it wasn't punched plinko greens. I left so many birdie putts just short. Then other days I feel like I just started playing
I hear you brother. Vacation round it looked like I had never held a club at times.

48/48-96. My driver left me today, but as bad as I hit my driver......I hit my irons great. Even though the score wasn't good, there was a lot of positives in my round. If I keep working, I'll get back down in the 80's.

39 for league. I will take it.

42, 39 + 81

What did you shoot today?

83 at the Ocean Club in Nassau the other day. Should have shot much lower but I didn't putt well and had a few doubles. Not bad though in very windy conditions and playing with rental clubs.

46/43 = 89

Hillcrest Country Club - Hollywood, Florida
Blue Tees (first time - peer pressured into it!) - 6,677 Yards

10/14 Fairways Hit
6/18 Green in Regulation
36 Putts

All in all I was kind of happy with the round. I feel if I was playing the whites like I usually do it would have been 4-5 strokes better.

Don't let the pressure get to you...haha

49/42 91 GHIN to 90. No birdies, missed FW with 3w and hybrid. 8/14 FIR. 36 putts. Four triples, including a par 3. Unplayable lie in a bunker.
34bf9e83f49bef0fa2afd5e7f54b2600.jpg

Still, better than working!!

49/42 91 GHIN to 90. No birdies, missed FW with 3w and hybrid. 8/14 FIR. 36 putts. Four triples, including a par 3. Unplayable lie in a bunker.

That is one I am not sure it is even worth risking the swing compared to unplayable.

When you take an unplayable from that lie where does the ball go? Back to where you originally hit it?

That is just awful. Taking the unplayable surely the way to go with that one.

When you take an unplayable from that lie where does the ball go? Back to where you originally hit it?
Drop in the bunker.

I swung, knowing it should be unplayable, and the ball trickled down the face to the flat part of the bunker. I got up and down from there, but it was for triple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back