Introduction status change...

malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
I have been a THP member and Albatross member for some years, but it is always good to reintroduce ourselves and update our changed status.

As a retired Marine, my Home Golf Course is American Lake Veterans Golf Course, in Lakewood, Washington (Tacoma area). It is a unique Jack Nicklaus designed course mainly designed to accommodate disabled and blind veterans. Mr. Nicklaus has done a great job and returns annually to visit us. I invite you to learn more about us at www.veterangolf.org and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VetGolf/. I'm confident that you will be amazed.

American Lake Veterans Golf Course is 100% Volunteer operated... from our Operations Manager to the Caddies Shack crew to our starters, marshalls, maintenance crews and Grounds superintendent and his staff. Even our Snack Shack staff are volunteers. We have ZERO paid employees and maintain an awesome well kept 18 hole golf course. We even have a cadre of area PGA Professionals who volunteer their time to work with our Veterans on our driving range, Simulator and on the course.

Recently, as a 6 years volunteer, I have assumed responsibility for the operation of what we call AREA 51. It is our golf equipment section. I am charged to provide golf equipment to Veterans... FREE of Charge. I am also tasked with equipment repairs and maintenance... changing grips, replacing broken shafts, providing new donated golf clubs/putters for prizes at a number of tournaments, and the like. As such, I am always on the lookout for donated new and used golf clubs and equipment

If you can donate clubs or other equipment, please send to:

In Care of Area 51 (Dave Navarro)

The American Lake Veterans Golf Course,
9600 Veterans Drive
Lakewood, WA 98493

Since assuming this position, I have become an unabashed beggar, on behalf of our Veterans and particularly our wounded veterans who find solace in playing golf. Anything from clubs to golf balls to tees, to grips, shafts, ferrules, even divot tools. No donation is too small or unimportant. So... if you are looking to unload that old set of clubs or golf bag... please think about sending it to us. And, if you have a connection with an equipment company, maybe you can tell them about us and encourage them to help our Veterans.

<em style="overflow-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(5, 24, 81); font-family: Cardo; font-size: 18px; letter-spacing: 0.36px; text-align: center;">

BTW, for those who want one... I can provide a tax-deductible receipt, based on the value you place on your donation.
photo.php

Last edited:
I have a few clubs I’m happy to send along your way. It’ll be first of the week before I can get them in the mail.

I appreciate what you’re doing and am thankful for your service.

Now, this is a cause I can support! I'm sure I'll have something to drop off in the near future.

Awesome.... thank you on behalf of our Veterans. BTW, for those who want one... I can provide a tax-deductible receipt, based on the value you place on your donation.

Many thanks on behalf of our Veterans. BTW, for those who want one... I can provide a tax-deductible receipt, based on the value you place on your donation.

Thanks you for your service, and for continuing to serve your fellow veterans. This is an awesome cause. I just made my old clubs into a set for my son, but it won't be long before there are more.

Awesome. Thank you for thinking of us. The impact donations make on our program is dramatic.

photo.php

Thanks you for your service, and for continuing to serve your fellow veterans. This is an awesome cause. I just made my old clubs into a set for my son, but it won't be long before there are more.

100% volunteer operated is amazing. Time to go thru the old clubs I’ve been holding onto, hoping my brother would start playing.

100% volunteer operated is amazing. Time to go thru the old clubs I’ve been holding onto, hoping my brother would start playing.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have specifically been given a challenge, by our Volunteer PGA Professionals and other training staff, to come up with 90 ... that's ninety, NEW and/or in good condition PUTTERS (Left and Right handed) in the next 90 days, for their weekly blind golfers and handicapped golfers clinics. That's ONE Putter a day. A reasonable challenge.

I HAVE ACCEPTED. So I am pulling out all the stops and going everywhere I can to meet this challenge.

If you have a good used putter you are willing to donate, or if you can purchase a nice putter to donate, OR if you have contacts in the golf equipment world to get donated putters... Please Help me meet their challenge.

Putters can be sent to:

9600 Veterans Drive
Lakewood, WA 98493

I invite you to learn more about us at www.veterangolf.org and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/VetGolf/.

I am sure I have some clubs I can ship out.

Very cool cause and thanks for the reintroduction!

A friendly reminder to those who can send clubs...

9600 Veterans Drive
Lakewood, WA 98493

YES... that is "Jack". His company built our back 9... aptly named the Nicklaus 9.

65901716_10156712589188401_4802402039751507968_o.jpg

I am down in Rochester and a former Marine. I will round up my extra clubs and bring them up.

Back