Night Golf in the DFW area?

M109Dreamer

Reaction score
Handicap
Was looking to see if any course does night golf in the DFW area. We used to play it in AZ during the summer. Its a fun social event to get non golfers to come out and play. The below link is what we had in AZ.

https://www.continentalgc.com/golf/club-champions

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Was looking to see if any course does night golf in the DFW area. We used to play it in AZ during the summer. Its a fun social event to get non golfers to come out and play. The below link is what we had in AZ.

https://www.continentalgc.com/golf/club-champions

As far as I know outside of maybe a rogue pitch and putt 9 hole we don't have any lit full courses. I would love to be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As far as I know outside of maybe a rogue pitch and putt 9 hole we don't have any lit full courses. I would love to be wrong.

Thanks. I have been looking for one for a while now and couldnt find any

Thanks. I have been looking for one for a while now and couldnt find any

I would love to find one, I have seen pictures of the ones overseas, truly awesome to see 18 full length holes under lights.

As far as I know Lake Park in Lewisville is one of the only lighted par 3. They do have one short par 4 mixed in. Also the greens usually suck.

As far as I know Lake Park in Lewisville is one of the only lighted par 3. They do have one short par 4 mixed in. Also the greens usually suck.

Lol. “Ok guys, let’s go to the expense of lighting this bad boy up! To pay for it let’s pull the funds from the greens upkeep account!”

They play some around here(VA) but it’s not under lights. They use some golf balls that glow in the dark. I have never tried any of this but I hear they are not nice to the club faces. A lot of courses stopped doing it because more alcohol was involved and that combined with dark courses led to some really dumb shenanigans like people trying to jump sand traps with the carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They play some around here(VA) but it’s not under lights. They use some golf balls that glow in the dark. I have never tried any of this but I hear they are not nice to the club faces. A lot of courses stopped doing it because more alcohol was involved and that combined with dark courses led to some really dumb shenanigans like people trying to jump sand traps with the carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds about right, lol. There is a story out there in cyber land somewhere where I was with someone that just happened to drink a little too much and may have had a tree jump in front of his cart. Naturally he decided to teach the tree a lesson. I’ll protect the innocent here, but it’s wasnt me.

Don’t serve someone a case of beer (knowingly) if you don’t want your cart wrecked. Again, it was not me. I’d have claimed responsibility and hoped insurance somewhere covered it. Since I wasn’t even anywhere near the cart, it’s between that guy and the course. That and the unfortunate tree that supposedly jumped ten feet or so ??

I’ve seen a couple of those lighted balls. And yes, I’ve heard they are tough on a club face. But it looks like it would be fun as heck seeing a 300 yard towering draw.

The lake park thursday night scramble is a 2 man game with 5$ skins. Usually, we follow it up with 20$/man winner take all 9.

It's really competitive, but also a good group of guys that have fun. Let me know if you ever want to go out! I've got a cheap partner that doesn't play every week.

khaos288;n8555836 said:
The lake park thursday night scramble is a 2 man game with 5$ skins. Usually, we follow it up with 20$/man winner take all 9.

It's really competitive, but also a good group of guys that have fun. Let me know if you ever want to go out! I've got a cheap partner that doesn't play every week.
Sorry just saw this. I would love to play in that type of format. There just isnt a way for me to get up there during the week. I have the weekends and every other Monday off.

Back