The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate clothes shopping, but need some for our trip. i went to a department store to look for jeans and everything was waist size 29-32. i was thinking jeez, where's the fat guy section for the size 34 pants?! then i tried on the 34s, and turns out i needed 31s. vanity sizing at its finest.
The vanity sizing drives me nuts, because I'm a true 29-30 and therefore I literally cannot get pants small enough in certain stores.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This global warning is awesome....38 and snow/rain mix today. Lovely

No kidding. My sister and brother-in-law just moved to Norfolk, VA (Navy transfer) and she said it was snowing. This is coming from the girl who thought the weather in Jacksonville and even San Diego at night, was too cold. She is freaking out.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I can't stand Rick Shiels or Mark crossfield. I don't get how someone can find them useful or educational.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i hate clothes shopping, but need some for our trip. i went to a department store to look for jeans and everything was waist size 29-32. i was thinking jeez, where's the fat guy section for the size 34 pants?! then i tried on the 34s, and turns out i needed 31s. vanity sizing at its finest.

Better than the 34's I ordered for work that were like 31's, reordered 36's and they're closer to 35's

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I can't stand Rick Shiels or Mark crossfield. I don't get how someone can find them useful or educational.

I find some of their stuff useful, but I don't quite understand their popularity either

No kidding. My sister and brother-in-law just moved to Norfolk, VA (Navy transfer) and she said it was snowing. This is coming from the girl who thought the weather in Jacksonville and even San Diego at night, was too cold. She is freaking out.

that area doesn't handle snow well either.

The Hampton Roads area is absolutely TERRIBLE dealing with snow. When I was stationed there in 2010 and they had to borrow snow plows from other counties to clear the interstates. The side streets were straight up neglected and were a nightmare for a good week. I don't miss that area at all!

that area doesn't handle snow well either.

The Hampton Roads area is absolutely TERRIBLE dealing with snow. When I was stationed there in 2010 and they had to borrow snow plows from other counties to clear the interstates. The side streets were straight up neglected and were a nightmare for a good week. I don't miss that area at all!

She has only been there a week and already hates it. She can't wait until they get transferred somewhere else. I believe they have 1 1/2 years there.

She has only been there a week and already hates it. She can't wait until they get transferred somewhere else. I believe they have 1 1/2 years there.

I hope they got a place in Virginia Beach or Chesapeake!

They rented a house, no idea where. Another navy couple helped them find a place. It needed to be near the base for him and children's hospital for her because she is a pediatric RN. She said in her lease she had to sign a waiver saying if their stuff get's destroyed by a Navy aircraft crashing into the house it's not the owner's responsibility. I guess this happened over there a few years ago and took out 4 houses or something.

They rented a house, no idea where. Another navy couple helped them find a place. It needed to be near the base for him and children's hospital for her because she is a pediatric RN. She said in her lease she had to sign a waiver saying if their stuff get's destroyed by a Navy aircraft crashing into the house it's not the owner's responsibility. I guess this happened over there a few years ago and took out 4 houses or something.

Oh they're in Virginia Beach then! Most places in the vicinity of NAS Oceana have to sign that waiver.

Or rain for that matter :wink:

yep. I was in Va Beach in 93 and they had a lite dusting that shut down the area when in reality just driving would have blown it off the streets. The first time I drove there in the rain I was shocked at how bad everyone drove after living in buffalo for 19 years and driving in snow for 3 years

come the good spring/early summer and late summer she will enjoy it.

Two great places to be down there.

Looks like a good week weather wise to get some stuff done at home and to get some practice in and around or two

I go out of town Wednesday and it will be 70 and sunny here all week.

God bless

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wish every PGA Tour Event thread had 7,000 posts in it. I also wish every event had the kind of coverage the Masters does.

My weeks would go so much better.

I wish every PGA Tour Event thread had 7,000 posts in it. I also wish every event had the kind of coverage the Masters does.

Me too! My weeks would also get a lot less productive though hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The 2nd part I agree with 100% The first part, I'm not so sure, I'd never get anything done at home or work....LOl I spent over an hour last night catching up on the Master's thread even after the tourney as I had watched it on DVR and had to go into a social media blackout.

Would be nice, but the smaller tournaments just dont get the draw the same as the Masters does.

I have a big fat swollen numb yellow hand.

ae912b635b1b3cbe4e771377c7174868.jpg

oh snap Pete, and the right hand, makes it tougher to beat off...the chicks with a stick

Get better soon, Pete. Hope this fixes your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back