Par 3 Course HOI - Does It Count?

It definitely counts!

Don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

If it's a "real" par 3 course - holes from 100-200 yards that look like par 3s from traditional courses. If it's a pitch and putt, where most holes are less than 100 yards, some much shorter, no.

Yes I would count it.

I'm going to say yes, but I'm biased. My only HIO was at a Par 3 course when I was 16. It was from 150 yards, so I count it.

Where can I read the official rules on this question?
If it is merely opinion, then the answer is obvious.

Yes - I'd agree that the only asterisk that I'd include is if the holes are all 100 yards or so or less.

Real.png

It counts!

If it's a "real" par 3 course - holes from 100-200 yards that look like par 3s from traditional courses. If it's a pitch and putt, where most holes are less than 100 yards, some much shorter, no.
What if it is on one of those courses with the short holes but you happen to get the hile in one on the longest par 3 which is 164 yards? But all the other par 3s are under 80 yards? Hehehe

What if it is on one of those courses with the short holes but you happen to get the hile in one on the longest par 3 which is 164 yards? But all the other par 3s are under 80 yards? Hehehe

Hmmm.... ill allow it!

Maybe I’m missing something here. Do a lot of you guys hole out from 60+ yards on a regular basis?

It’s not easy to hole out from 20 yards, much less 80, or 100, or 120.

I don’t care if it’s a 70 yard hole, it counts.

I say it counts as long as the hole is more than 100 yards.

I have a par 3 course right by me. Driving range 9 hole course that has 7 holes from 55 - 90 yards and last two holes are 127 and 146 I believe. I can’t count holing a shot from 55 yards as a hole in one. So, for me, the hole must be 100 yards or longer. Anything shorter feel more like a chip in and not an actual hole in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does! Now buy me a drink!:)

I say it counts as long as the hole is more than 100 yards.

I have a par 3 course right by me. Driving range 9 hole course that has 7 holes from 55 - 90 yards and last two holes are 127 and 146 I believe. I can’t count holing a shot from 55 yards as a hole in one. So, for me, the hole must be 100 yards or longer. Anything shorter feel more like a chip in and not an actual hole in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I can see this. I’ve never been to one that is that short but I’ve heard of some where they’re all 75 yards or less. That wouldn’t quite feel right to count. But a legit par 3 course, with most holes 125-200, I’d be counting it.

No.......I've been playing for 55 years and my only hole in one was at Holmby Hills in Beverly Hills, about a 65 yard shot. It is NOT a hole in one. It was sinking a long chip shot. Miss playing that little course.

It counts.

Maybe I’m missing something here. Do a lot of you guys hole out from 60+ yards on a regular basis?

It’s not easy to hole out from 20 yards, much less 80, or 100, or 120.

I don’t care if it’s a 70 yard hole, it counts.

60 not as much, 43 yards though happens enough.

I think I holed out from over 60 yards once last year.

Where can I read the official rules on this question?
If it is merely opinion, then the answer is obvious.

https://www.usga.org/RulesFAQ/rules_answer.asp?FAQidx=148&Rule=100

Also, look up what makes up a USGA sanctioned "Committee" and you'll see the HIO would have to be made on a course with a USGA rating and index.

Golfweek summarized all of this here --> https://golftips.golfweek.com/official-hole-one-rules-1846.html

When I made an HIO in 2008 it was in an 18 hole round from standard tees, and I had five witnesses who attested at the Pro Shop. That's the kind of situation that makes for a slam dunk.

Back