Hat Ball Marker Clips.. okay or no?

That's a no from me. Apparently the PGA Tour agrees with me, since I can't recall ever seeing a player pull a marker off his hat.

Actually I think it’s very convenient. I could care less either way. As for me personally, probably won’t rock one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issue for me. But I don’t personally use them.

I prefer keeping my marker in my pocket. To each their own though.

I tried one for a while, kept putting the marker back in my pocket out of habit, so doesn't really work for me. As for anyone else .......

I’ve used them in the past. But not any more.

I prefer to keep it in my pocket. I have a Vokey magnetic hat clip and the weight makes the hat feel just a bit off/lopsided. That and I can see it out of my peripheral vision and it bugs me. See a lot of the LPGA players who use them.

Ok for women but not for men.

I like them, but too hard to remember. And the one i had started to leave some rust on my hat.

I used to always have the button one on the glove that was very convenient too. Is that still a thing with gloves?

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why not. I have seen some use it and have no problem with it. I think I'd end up with the marker in my pocket anyway even if I had a hat clip for it.

Keep a coin in my pocket.

Ball marker on cap is an efficient way to store-find the marker. That said, the magnetic markers are usually too large.
It's best, and most courteous to playing partners, to mostly use a marker no larger than a penny (the small plastic ones given away for free at some golf courses are perfect, as they lay flat and will not interrupt a players ball or line of vision). Using the large markers which have become trendy are poor etiquette to playing partners.

I like it, if only because I keep my phone and nothing else in my left front pocket, which means my right pocket gets all the detritus of golf. Keeping the ball marker somewhere easily accessible drastically reduces the amount of fiddling about in a pocket, especially since I don't currently use a hubcap/poker chip for a ball marker.

I used to wear one quite regularly- then I lost it.

Now I just use a loose one in my pocket

No issues with people using them either

It’s pretty hard to get my poker chip to stay on my bill.

Cool idea, but I’d never do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, Dan.

No.

I got a longhorn one that I love, all in favor of it in my opinion, even though I am in minority it appears.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I used one for the past few seasons but stopped this year. Biggest issue I saw is that the magnetic clip part would basically ruin your hat if it got wet or moist in anyway. It rusts most of the time.

that said I found it convenient and didn't see an issue with it. I wonder what the consensus was from over the weekend?

I’m ok with them and I’ve used them in the past, but with a custom ball mark that I use, no need for one.

Another debate from the weekend.

Yay or nay on ball marker clips on a hat?

Yay for sure. Not having to dig around your pocket for a marker is nice and convenient.

I would say about 50% of the people I play golf with who wear "caps" (sorry, I am old school...a hat is a hat, not a cap) have the magnetic ball marker on the bill of the cap. I prefer hats and the whole apparatus makes the brim of the hat droop so I never use them. I tried one from my company on the bill of a cap once and kept putting the marker back in my pocket. The clip did not last the entire round before I gave clip and marker to someone who I knew would use it. Besides, I use Canadian Toonies for ball markers almost exclusively.

Ball marker on cap is an efficient way to store-find the marker. That said, the magnetic markers are usually too large.
It's best, and most courteous to playing partners, to mostly use a marker no larger than a penny (the small plastic ones given away for free at some golf courses are perfect, as they lay flat and will not interrupt a players ball or line of vision). Using the large markers which have become trendy are poor etiquette to playing partners.
Haha. It's becoming fun to see how DG_1234 can find problems with the most common practices in golf.

I don't have any problem with them, but have never used one. I always just keep a coin in my pocket.

I've got no problem or judgement for those who use them.

I bought one a month ago and it lasted about 3 holes before it went in my pocket. I found it to distracting. I'm not one to care about things going on around me (movement, noise etc) so it never crossed my mind that it would bother me but I kept seeing the damn thing out of the corner of my eye.

Back