Has anyone cracked the face of their driver?

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am not certain that I have but I hit some really funking sounding and flying shots tonight at the range. They almost fell out of the air immediately after hitting it.

I’ve not cracked the face but I’ve had the weld on the top line break on a couple drivers. They hit weird sounding knuckleballs after that.

I think @wubears cracked an epic face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone cracked the face of their driver?

No never cracked his face, but just a little smack on the cheek once in a while and he smartens up pretty quickly. I mean hes a good driver but just needs to drop the attitude a little sometimes.

No drivers but I’ve cracked the face of a few Callaway fairway woods in the last 5 years. My buddy just cracked the face on his Epic SZ about 10 days ago and as always, Callaway customer service is A++.

No drivers but I’ve cracked the face of a few Callaway fairway woods in the last 5 years. My buddy just cracked the face on his Epic SZ about 10 days ago and as always, Callaway customer service is A++.

I have had nothing but great experiences with TMade as well! This is actually a replacement of of my 2016 M1 that the top weld broke.

Not the modern drivers anyway. Cracked several inserts on the Persimmon/Laminated drivers back in the day, though. Really no mistaking it for anything else. There WERE no ‘crown welds’, ‘face welds’, etc... to separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t crack the face but a crack developed on the bottom of the club near the face of my Callaway Rogue. Ball flight didn’t change but it sounded completely different.

Yep, cracked the face on a Taylormade RBZ but there was no question, it was an obvious split.

I collapsed the face of a Macgregor NVG2 driver. But the failure was the bond with the cup-face to the body.

Did crack the face of a new Orlimar Trimetal 3W. Near the sole, crack pointing straight up nearly square in the middle of the face.

Cracked the face of my Callaway fairway wood last year, 1st time out (bought it at the Golf show in February).

Excellent customer service. had a replacement in about 5 days. New one has been great.

Cracked the face of my Callaway fairway wood last year, 1st time out (bought it at the Golf show in February).

Excellent customer service. had a replacement in about 5 days. New one has been great.

Was it noticeable on the face?

I have a couple of times. But, I have found that it is more common for the face to cave in slightly. If you take a credit card, or anything else that is flat and small enough to test out. Put the flat edge against the face. You should be able to see the bulge evident. If two points of the card make contact with the face and there is a gap between those points, you have a problem.

My buddy had something similar with his 2016 M1 430. Started sounding weird, noticed the face was denting, and then a crack formed on the bottom edge of the face.

No, but, weirdly enough, I had a dream last night about having my driver face crack and taking it to the auto dealership where I used to work to have it fixed.

I have cracked a Taylormade R-11, SLDR and a no name component driver several years ago.

Back