Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Hogan PTx irons and Hogan VKTR Hybrids. So damn intrigued by these.

I'm pondering a new driver after getting fit for my new irons. I hit the Ping G30 tfc well, but want to try some more out.

I tried three drivers out b4 settling on my G30. I'm one happy camper.

I have hit both, and I actually prefer the V series to the GBB. Something just clicks for me with that club.
Any issues with hooking it?

Any issues with hooking it?

Not unless I'm having a day where I'm hooking everything. Which does happen.

That said, I don't have a quick tempo or hard transition.

Until driver swing fully comes around I need something almost as easy to hit off the tee as the v series heavenwood but 15 to 20 yards longer (insert that should be your driver joke here).....go

Until driver swing fully comes around I need something almost as easy to hit off the tee as the v series heavenwood but 15 to 20 yards longer (insert that should be your driver joke here).....go

You mean like a 1 wood? Doesn't Callaway make those? :alien:

V Series 3W. Gets off the tee lower and goes further for me.

V Series 3W. Gets off the tee lower and goes further for me.

I had it for a hot minute, never fell in love with it like the heavenwood, not sure how much further it was going than the HW but didnt seem like much

816 16*

I think that new Tour Edge 3 wood that Dan reviewed is something I would like to try.

xr 16 3 or 4 wood

I like the XR idea for you mike. Especially with how well you did with the Xhot

I like the XR idea for you mike. Especially with how well you did with the Xhot

Hmm might have ot check that out, I think I have enough junk to trade to callaway pre owned and try one for free

Shortened driver. You can try mine this weekend. Same length as 3 wood, larger face for forgiveness.

XR 16 or GBB Driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortened driver. You can try mine this weekend. Same length as 3 wood, larger face for forgiveness.

Sounds expensive...but yeah I want to try it out

I had it for a hot minute, never fell in love with it like the heavenwood, not sure how much further it was going than the HW but didnt seem like much

The difference is more pronounced for me off the tee then off the deck - but I hit a reasonably high ball so I think the HW goes a little too high off the tee for me sometimes if I catch it higher on the face.

I want to give the XR16/XR 3W/4W a shot as well since those are so distance oriented as well.

The difference is more pronounced for me off the tee then off the deck - but I hit a reasonably high ball so I think the HW goes a little too high off the tee for me sometimes if I catch it higher on the face.

I want to give the XR16/XR 3W/4W a shot as well since those are so distance oriented as well.

Yeah I definitely want to try those out as well, especially after how well I hit the XR hybrid a few weeks back when trying a few different options out.

UST shafts......XR16 driver...and who knows what else.

A lower lofted GBB head.

Not really club specific, but I know a lot of guys at my course are going to be pondering Callaway at the end of this week. Just got an email saying that there is a demo day and Callaway is willing to take anything people want to trade in for new clubs at 150% market value. That is so cool.

Not really club specific, but I know a lot of guys at my course are going to be pondering Callaway at the end of this week. Just got an email saying that there is a demo day and Callaway is willing to take anything people want to trade in for new clubs at 150% market value. That is so cool.

That is pretty freaking awesome.

I believe CPO did something similar a couple weeks ago. I know Mark_UK scored some amazing deals taking advantage of the promotion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back