Scotty Cameron putters

Supply and Demand brother. I would keep making them as long as they sold. Can't knock the hustle.

It's quite remarkable. I've been blown away by the depth of pockets that some Scotty collectors have. Sure, it ruins it a bit for the bargain collectors, but I think it's very telling of what Scotty has built for himself.

I'll be here though, rolling my BB like a champion hahaha! #WantASuperRatButLikeMyMoniesInTheBank

It's quite remarkable. I've been blown away by the depth of pockets that some Scotty collectors have. Sure, it ruins it a bit for the bargain collectors, but I think it's very telling of what Scotty has built for himself.

I'll be here though, rolling my BB like a champion hahaha! #WantASuperRatButLikeMyMoniesInTheBank

I agree i'll never see one of those in the collection unless I hit the PowerBall. Hell the custom i have being done now I fell like it cost me too much, but it's been a project i've been wanting to do for a while.

It seems I have a new putter in the stable.

93901accc80405adef1858b119684e46.jpg

Bargain super rat is mine hands off. But if we must fight for it I challenge you to a thumb war I think think that is fair

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It really is comical at this point. They don't even last long enough for me to get tempted.

haha, they can do whatever they want to the 5-15k putters as I'll never be tempted, but that is such a crappy thing to see.

Again, just my personal opinion and not a reflection on Scotty or his putters, and I know it happens everywhere.. just sucks.

10k on a putter in my book is ridiculous. But I do like it!

You know what the crazy part is? Sold within minutes.

hard to fault the guy for the pricing on his gallery putters. None of them last more than a little bit of time up there.

What bothers most of us in the Cameron community about this one is the fact that there are so many of these exact putters. They're 100% engraved, and have no hand working. When we first saw them in 2014 we were told they were VERY limited (think 3 to 5) and now we know there are at least 80, and more and more keep showing up (at $10k.) I have spent A LOT of money on SC sticks and accessories, but I'm not going to spend $10,000 on something that came off the mill and went straight to the store.

10k on a putter in my book is ridiculous. But I do like it!
unless it automatically puts the ball in the hole for me 10K is a bit ridiculous

10K for a putter is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Completely ludicrous!

There was a time I said I would never spend $400+ on a driver and I was dead wrong on that. I'll say now I won't spend $10k on a putter and I'm pretty sure I never will. That's an easy decision to make when you don't have the money for it. However I'm sure at some point I'll spend some time with one of the Newport putters, love the look of some of them.

There was a time I said I would never spend $400+ on a driver and I was dead wrong on that. I'll say now I won't spend $10k on a putter and I'm pretty sure I never will. That's an easy decision to make when you don't have the money for it. However I'm sure at some point I'll spend some time with one of the Newport putters, love the look of some of them.

You hit the nail on the head there. It all depends on means. $10k is not a lot of money to some people, and to some it could change their life. To each their own I suppose.

I have no issue spending money on something that is truly special to me. If I have a chance to get my hands on a back up of Tiger's putter I won't give it any second thought. The last one I know of sold for around $20k.

Then again, there are lots of other things people will spend lots of money on that I never would. I have no interest in souping up my cars, or buying the latest and greatest TV, phone or computer - especially when I know the prices are going to go down

Last edited:
You hit the nail on the head there. It all depends on means. $10k is not a lot of money to some people, and to some it could change their life. To each their own I suppose.

I have no issue spending money on something that is truly special to me. If I have a chance to get my hands on a back up of Tiger's putter I won't give it any second thought. The last one I know of sold for around $20k.

Then again, there are lots of other things people will spend lots of money on that I never would. I have no interest in souping up my cars, or buying the latest and greatest TV, phone or computer - especially when I know the prices are going to go down

That's just it. People drop $5000 on a TV when they one they have works perfectly fine and always drive a new model BMW etc etc.
Fancy/Rare/Limited putters are just another way for some people to blow their money.

That's just it. People drop $5000 on a TV when they one they have works perfectly fine and always drive a new model BMW etc etc.
Fancy/Rare/Limited putters are just another way for some people to blow their money.

This is it exactly. At least IMO. Just like watches that cost $10K+, $100K+ cars, etc. etc.

Then again, I'm really not much of a collector when it comes to anything so maybe it just doesn't register for me.

The 2016 Newport is solidifying it's hold on the putter spot in my bag for the time being after a really solid practice session tonight on the putting green and two great rounds last weekend.
The look of this putter hits all the notes for me. The changes to the Newport head shape have been long overdue IMO and it really looks great from all angles. The parallel shoulders, softened bumpers, tri-sole design make this putter look extrememly similar to the "Inspired by Rory" Ltd release from a few years ago. At address the shoulders and bumpers blend together softly making it easy to align properly, and of course the addition of the flange line is a huge step for the Newport 1 model.

The feel is really interesting here because this is the first putter where what I'm feeling and what I'm hearing don't necessarily jive. It's soft in the hands but it's combined with a slightly audible 'click' at impact. The result is a surprisingly nice and controlled feel; right amount of soft without without being dull or insensitive.
I'm curious what anyone else is experiencing with this putter in regards to feel, and if I'm off my rocker or not.

Just like watches that cost $10K+

Watches are another beast entirely. They're jewelry. Like a diamond to (most) women. A fine watch is something that can be passed on for generations, and will retain (or even appreciate) its value. I don't think you can say that for a golf club.

Made the Cameron plunge times 2. Did a WTB and bought a nice Golo from a THP'er (will be here Friday!!!!!) and then I'm at the course today and my buddy tells the head pro who is a friend of ours "Jack literally has bought 20 putters in the last 3 months" totally dime'in me out. The Pro then says "hold on a minute". He goes into his office and hands me a putter and says "this is my trusty weapon it will not fail you, try it, if you like it ill give it to u for cheap". Putter is a Scotty Futura Phantom. I've never actually seen 1 since they are about 9 years old. Took the putter on the practice area and liked it. Asked the pro how much he said $40. Couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. Had a great day on the putting green and look forward to putting it up against the golo to see who stays in the bag

Back