14 way divider or hate'em?

I love a 14-way. The only way I don't use a 14 way divider is with a mini staffer because it's so big the 6-way works fine.

The mini-staff + Clicgear combo is probably the best setup I've ever had and I can't think of a way to improve it.

14 way, full length dividers for me. I wouldn't buy a bag without them. They keep me better organized and eliminate the frustration of tangled clubs.

Still rolling with a 14 way w/ putter (or wedge in my case) well. Dig the 14 way for cart bags, but for carry I like fewer dividers.

Now, that I have one - Nike Air Hybrid, a 14 way bag really allows you to get ocd about how you arrange your golf clubs in your bag. Right now, I am kind of woode style, with the woods, and, hybrids on the left side of the bag, driver and putter on top.

I don't ever see myself buying a bag that doesn't have a 14 way divider. I currently have a TM stand bag and a Sun Mountain cart bag and both are 14 way. 14 way bags just work for me.
Which TM bag do you have? I have seen them with 14 way top, but only 4 full length dividers. I really want a TM bag, because I game M2's. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have 3 14 way divider bags (yes I have a problem), and 2 are great, one not so much:

Sun Mountain H2NO cart bag - love it, has a large putter well plus another 14 dividers. Great bag, but I only really use it when it rains.

Bennington Cart Bag lite - my normal bag, has a honeycomb 14 way divider plus a putter well on the side. Great bag, can't really think of anyway I would improve it, never get clubs stuck and the extra well is perfect for my alignment rods.

Callaway Fusion 14 stand bag - my current range bag. Have my old set of irons in so I don't destroy the finish on my Apex. Have found that I have gotten several clubs "clogged" where it is either difficult to get them fully in the bag, or tough to get out. Solid bag that is light and has some really cool features but will never be my regular gamer just because of the clogging issue.

Couple rounds into using my 14 way on my SM Hybrid. Sometimes it is frustrating trying to find the slot but its super easy to find a club and I like how it keeps them where they need to be. Also no issue with grips getting stuck. So far the pros outweigh the con

I just recently switched to a 14 way top, one downfall is I can't have my extra stuff in there, i.e. Orange Whip or alignment sticks, also a negative is my putter grip almost doesn't fit and I had to use a couple select holes being larger. But I do love the less bag chatter and the clubs not getting stock and bunched in the corners of the old 5 way top, so as long as I can live without the few extra benefits, I'm liking it so far again!

I loved my Callaway org 14 but recently the individual dividers began ripping, the bag is a few years old. It was my first 14 way bag and I loved it. I like order and that bag provided it. I'm shopping for a bag right now and 14 way, individual, full length dividers it will be. I'll review my decision whatever it is.

I just recently switched to a 14 way top, one downfall is I can't have my extra stuff in there, i.e. Orange Whip or alignment sticks, also a negative is my putter grip almost doesn't fit and I had to use a couple select holes being larger. But I do love the less bag chatter and the clubs not getting stock and bunched in the corners of the old 5 way top, so as long as I can live without the few extra benefits, I'm liking it so far again!

I agree with this 100%...I love the idea of a 14 way stand bag but I like to keep other things in my bag as well. I really enjoy my current Callaway Staff stand bag but wish it had one more pocket. Mine currently has 5 pockets and I would love six...1 at the top for driver, 3 wood and putter, three below it for irons and 1 below that for wedges. I also like the look of having my clubs bunched together vs the individual sleeves. That being said, if I like the bag enough I don't see myself complaining to much about how many pockets there are!

The old Sun Mountain 14 way top that I have in the H2NO bag is awesome. It has the larger putter well in the front, then 14 way split. So there is a space for alignment rods or an orange whip. Think it was 2014 or so. They have updated the design so it isn't quite as good. The Bennington also has the putter well plus 14 slots, but won't fit some of the bigger putter grips.

I agree with this 100%...I love the idea of a 14 way stand bag but I like to keep other things in my bag as well. I really enjoy my current Callaway Staff stand bag but wish it had one more pocket. Mine currently has 5 pockets and I would love six...1 at the top for driver, 3 wood and putter, three below it for irons and 1 below that for wedges. I also like the look of having my clubs bunched together vs the individual sleeves. That being said, if I like the bag enough I don't see myself complaining to much about how many pockets there are!
I never carry so a cart bag is most likely in my future. I would love the flexibility of a stand bag but can't find one that really satisfied all my wants. Maybe needs and wants need be to be more aligned. A 15 way bag would let me carry an extra club or alignment slicks. Serious ponder but just can't decide.

I never carry so a cart bag is most likely in my future. I would love the flexibility of a stand bag but can't find one that really satisfied all my wants. Maybe needs and wants need be to be more aligned. A 15 way bag would let me carry an extra club or alignment slicks. Serious ponder but just can't decide.

Have you checked out the C-130S?

Yeah. That is the closest to perfect a stand bag can get. That is the one stand bag in the mix for me.

Which TM bag do you have? I have seen them with 14 way top, but only 4 full length dividers. I really want a TM bag, because I game M2's. Thanks for your input.

TM supreme hybrid. It is my stand bag but I don't use nearly as often as my Sun Mountain. I'll throw some clubs in it if I'm going to range and don't feel like bringing my entire bag. It is a 14 way divider with only 4 full length dividers. I like it but wish it had 14 full dividers. Real solid bag though with plenty of pocket space. THP did a review on it a little while back.

Love the 14 way bag and will be going back to mine for tomorrow's evening round.

JM

Have you checked out the C-130S?

That is the one I was looking at, but went with the Callaway... If I had to do it over again I would get the C-130S. Seems to have everything I would want in a bag.

I love them. They help never to forget a club!

I have a 14 way divider staff bag, it was a promo item from one of our Beverage suppliers. It's a nice bag, just a little heavy. When I went looking for a bag to replace it I rushed the thing and ended up with a 5 or 6 way divider bag. I miss the 14 way something fierce. I liked having a place for each club. If I can find a decent 14 way lightweight stand bag I'll snatch one up.

Like the 14 way divider a lot. My favorite top is definetly the woode top by ogio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pulled the trigger on a Sun Mountain Four 5 from TGW. On sale shipped for $165.00

Just pulled the trigger on a Sun Mountain Four 5 from TGW. On sale shipped for $165.00

That is a good price! I had the 4.5 for a while and really enjoyed it but the way it fit on my push cart didn't jive. Enjoy!

My previous bag was a 14 way and the clubs seems to get tangled alot. Moved to the Titleist 4 way stadry stand bag but it's not much better. Any comments on bennington silencer bags?

My previous bag was a 14 way and the clubs seems to get tangled alot. Moved to the Titleist 4 way stadry stand bag but it's not much better. Any comments on bennington silencer bags?

Never tried the Silencer model, but I have an older model like this that I use and really really like it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Bennin...hash=item51e14cba0b:m:m9H-GXz2bwS5mMqtzvOdnAA

14 way honeycomb divider plus a putter well on the side. For some reason I can't find the model I have but this is the closest I can find. Good luck!

Just ordered a C130. It will be my first 14 way. Tired of my grips catching on each other. Hopefully I'll like it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back