Shaft Selection Help after fitting

Dvlerin07

Reaction score
Handicap
Back Story: Started playing golf about a year ago and learned that I really enjoyed it. I purchased a set of used clubs from ebay and started playing with those. Took about 5 lessons with a local pro and we both agreed I was getting really close to outgrowing my clubs.. (he does not sell clubs either so I take it as genuine).

30th bday is coming up, decide I am going to get fitted and find some clubs for me. I did a "Tour Exp" PGA SS for 50$ and although the fitter was helpful and gave me some feedback on lenght/lie/weight I left feeling like I did not get the information I was wanting and a lot of his suggestions were "guess" work.

I have been looking at the new JPX 919 hot metals and wanting to them out. Lucky me we have a Mizuno Experience center under an hour away. So i scheduled a fitting for the next day..... Fitting went great using the "Optimizer" and the fitter gave me some good feedback and information on shafts.

After hitting all 3 shafts we landed on Miz JPX 919 HM Pro's with a KBS C-Taper Lite X 115G. (I am a little bias on the X-stiff) My head speed with a 7i was right at 85mph... carrying 165 yards. Shots felt great (off a mat)

Controversy.....Is my speed enough to justify a X-stiff?

I can find some "pre-owned" barley used sets for a decent amount off (200$) compared to a new set but almost all of them are "KBS C-Taper Lite S 110G"... Is the 5g and non-x gonna make that much diff?

Program recommended a 2 degree toe up... PGA SS guy said I need to be 2 down?? (I can always buy standard and get this adjusted) so not too worried about this.

Flex means nothing if it fits. To give you an example, an X flex in c-taper lite is no where near an C flex in c-taper.

It’s about finding the right mix and if it worked, that’s great.

Flex means nothing if it fits. To give you an example, an X flex in c-taper lite is no where near an C flex in c-taper.

It’s about finding the right mix and if it worked, that’s great.

Thanks for the reply. So i could ignore the "X"... worry about the 5 grams for 200$?

Back