Wosports Laser Rangefinder Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like ok performance for the price but once you’ve used one of the high-end rangefinders with the pin seeking tech, it’s hard to settle for less. I would also worry about durability and customer service if it broke.

• Admin
Sounds like ok performance for the price but once you’ve used one of the high-end rangefinders with the pin seeking tech, it’s hard to settle for less. I would also worry about durability and customer service if it broke.

They offer 18 months, but with smaller companies that have not been around so long, it is something to think about.

Appreciate the write up. I have been considering it but the mediocre performance will have me staying away.

Hoping THP can review the Caddytek version from Costco, it's $130 (goes on sale for $100) but the reviews are stellar

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Recently looked into lower option like this but after the review, I'm glad I passed. Too many concessions. Also, the convoluted website probably would have turned me off.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a decent option but, like most things, you get what you pay for.

I've had good luck with cheaper options lately, they may not be "as" accurate, but close enough for an amateur like me!

I've had good luck with cheaper options lately, they may not be "as" accurate, but close enough for an amateur like me!

The biggest problem that I see is durability. A name like Nikon or Leupold has a reputation for quality and my Nikon 18 year old Nikon rangefinder is still working great and is super fast at picking up flags 200 yards out. To me it’s a silly place to save relatively small amount of money for a tool that can last 15+ years when golfers are likely spending at least a few hundred dollars for their shoes, shorts, shirt, belt, hat, and glove that they are wearing that day. I bought a Nikon Coolshot 40 for my daughter like new on eBay in March for $155 and its optics and speed are equal to my $400 Leupold.

• Admin

Check out the home page feature Icey. We talk about the accuracy quite a bit.

I will have to think about these for my nephews who are starting to prep for HS golf... fantastic price point. Great write-up!

Check out the home page feature Icey. We talk about the accuracy quite a bit.
I did, I meant the accuracy I see on the cheaper models I've used, a TecTecTec and super generic, compared to my precision pro. And you throw in my Golfshot on my iPhone and I could get about 4 different yardages for the same thing, but ultimately they are close enough in an acceptable margin of error for me, and it looks like you saw the same as well.

The fact that this unit was as accurate as a Bushnell or PXP at that price point is a win for those who want a budget rangefinder. After all the point of a laser is accuracy compared to a GPS unit

Thanks for the review. I've never had, or even used, a rangefinder. I pretty much use my phone for distance (Arccos right now). I've looked into some of the cheaper units on Amazon (specifically by TecTecTec and Tacklife), but never pulled the trigger. Many of them have good reviews and I assume most are fake. I'm thinking my next golf purchase will be one by Precision Pro.

I just received a 50 dollar Amazon gift card and was looking at this unit. It is nice to know it is accurate, but the inconsistency of the features working make me just assume corners were cut on all points of the unit and I will look into either a used unit or just wait on something else. I have never had a range finder, and I would hate for my first experience with something that is supposed to help my game make me frustrated.

I hear from a lot of people that their unit is dying, but they don't want to drop big coin on a new one.

This seems like a great option for those on a budget who just want a number.

I hear from a lot of people that their unit is dying, but they don't want to drop big coin on a new one.

This seems like a great option for those on a budget who just want a number.

I think this is exactly where I would point them.
A step up to me, would be Precision Pro, which has no issues from what I can tell in our testing and still costs less than a number of others and gives you free batteries.

I actually purchased this unit two weeks ago. I am in the camp of "just wanting a yardage" and I also did not want to spend a lot of money because the game of golf is already expensive! It rained the entire first week I had it, so didn't get to use it at all. I shot some lamposts and neighbor's satellite dishes from my deck just to see what I had gotten myself into, and since I set the bar pretty low, I was happy I was getting some readings on the screen. I had no way of verifying if they were accurate or not. Last week, I played three rounds and used it for nearly half my shots only so I could get some use of it. The first round I played, my playing partner had one of the newer Bushnell rangefinders and many of our shots were very close to each other so I used my rangefinder when he did just to see if the yardages were accurate. I was very happy to know that my readings were within 5 yards of his (+/-). The same went with the next two rounds. A member of our group had a Nikon rangefinder and we both received very similar readings once again. So after 3 rounds, I was very happy with my purchase in regards to its ability to provide accurate measurements.

The device itself is very light and doesn't have much bulk to it. I haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet!

My only reservation about the device is that sometimes the target in the viewfinder needs to be dead on to the flag otherwise it will give you a yardage for objects behind the green. In one instance the yardage came up as 223, but the yardage marker on the fairway was in the 160s. I checked again and was informed the yardage was 158. This is simply my observation and experience and it might be an anomaly. I doesn't bother me a lot, but I imagine some other folks would be frustrated with checking yardage twice.

As far as getting readings, I found it to be pretty fast. I did not have to wait for the device to calculate. It didn't slow me or the playing partners down one bit. Again, I've never owned a rangefinder and prior to this purchase had only use one once, so I don't have a good sample size to determine if these yardage calculations were fast or slow.

It comes with a carrying pouch and accompanying carabiner clip that hooks onto my bag nicely.

My overall impression is that it is a solid purchase for less than $90. It provides accurate yardage and gives one the ability to select the right club. It serves the purpose of a rangefinder.

The biggest problem that I see is durability. A name like Nikon or Leupold has a reputation for quality and my Nikon 18 year old Nikon rangefinder is still working great and is super fast at picking up flags 200 yards out. To me it’s a silly place to save relatively small amount of money for a tool that can last 15+ years when golfers are likely spending at least a few hundred dollars for their shoes, shorts, shirt, belt, hat, and glove that they are wearing that day. I bought a Nikon Coolshot 40 for my daughter like new on eBay in March for $155 and its optics and speed are equal to my $400 Leupold.
I agree, I have had my bushnell nearly 5 years and it's still strong as ever. I see no reason to upgrade any time soon.

Another rangefinder thread got me finding this one.

I love the Wosports Golf Rangefinder. I have the $115 model that I purchased for $105 at Amazon. Flag locking tech works as advertised. I have shakey hands when it comes to rangefinders so it can take me a couple tries to pin it. The yardage time doesn’t matter to me. If you pin the flag correctly it works what feels like 1 second to me almost every time. Most importantly yardages are correct. From the reviews I could tell this was the most accurate “value” rangefinder and I couldn’t agree more. Gets identical yardages sometimes to the decimal with bushnell playing partners. I love the durable outside as I don’t feel bad dropping it in the fairway. Sometimes with a nice rangefinder I am afraid of every scratch. Battery time is good. I have had this for almost 2 years and just had to change the battery earlier this year. For $105 I got much more use out of this than expected.

Back