The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3am feedings may very well ruin me.
My little one just hit 8 months. She stopped the 3AM meals fairly quick (~3months or so).

Just wanted to remind you that there is hope lol

Mark my words dude, there will come a time when you'll kinda miss them. Not a ton, but you will. They grow too fast.

Love it while you have it. I miss my babies, love my kids but miss those little people that didn't talk back.

Love it while you have it. I miss my babies, love my kids but miss those little people that didn't talk back.

That goes away too buddy, but next up is when you don't know what your talking about....hahaha

That goes away too buddy, but next up is when you don't know what your talking about....hahaha

Kai has started telling me 'that's my opinion Dad!' I just stop and walk away

Mark my words dude, there will come a time when you'll kinda miss them. Not a ton, but you will. They grow too fast.

And how. I miss those quiet bonding times with the kiddos

My old rear projection unit that I used for the kids died this morning. It was my first widescreen HDTV and it lasted way longer than I ever thought it would. Kind of a bummer cause it still had a pretty good picture.

My old rear projection unit that I used for the kids died this morning. It was my first widescreen HDTV and it lasted way longer than I ever thought it would. Kind of a bummer cause it still had a pretty good picture.

I had one of those years ago as an early adopter. Mitsubishi Diamond. It was like the 1st or 2nd year HDTV was a real thing.

I had one of those years ago as an early adopter. Mitsubishi Diamond. It was like the 1st or 2nd year HDTV was a real thing.

I sold a few of those when I worked at Sears years ago, they were a solid tv.

Mine was a Toshiba, funny it cost me about 3 times what a new one its size would cost today. My aunt had a similar one that died after 5 years, mine lasted 13. Not bad.

Mine was a Toshiba, funny it cost me about 3 times what a new one its size would cost today. My aunt had a similar one that died after 5 years, mine lasted 13. Not bad.

I was about 7 and then gave it to a friend because I was moving and did not want to move it. I think I paid more than 5 grand for it years ago which is crazy to think about, because we are going back like 15 years for mine.

Haha the old I don't want to deal with this thing, you can have it if you come pick it up.

they suck. my oldest never breastfed, which meant we took turns with the feedings. but my youngest did, so i didn't have to do anything! it was awesome. middle of the day feedings are sweet because you're awake and don't want to kick puppies, and you can just stare at that beautiful blob. maybe someday i'll look back and miss that early phase, but with a 5yo and a 3yo i can tell you that every day is better than the last. they're smarter, they're funnier, they're more interactive, and the best part of their day is being around you. you've never been loved like this before, and you have never loved like this before. it's fantastic.

they suck. my oldest never breastfed, which meant we took turns with the feedings. but my youngest did, so i didn't have to do anything! it was awesome. middle of the day feedings are sweet because you're awake and don't want to kick puppies, and you can just stare at that beautiful blob. maybe someday i'll look back and miss that early phase, but with a 5yo and a 3yo i can tell you that every day is better than the last. they're smarter, they're funnier, they're more interactive, and the best part of their day is being around you. you've never been loved like this before, and you have never loved like this before. it's fantastic.

haha, my wife gets so mad when I encourage the little guy to age. She loves baby Cal, I want golfer Cal immediately.

Last night was 8pm, 11pm, 3am. She's back to work Thursday, which means I am going to have a ton of time to dedicate to my writing while I wait for him to wake up in the middle of the night hahaha! Get ready, THP! #BigWords

If I had a dollar for every time someone asked "What's the best driver" as soon as they find out what I do, I would have a lot of dollars. I have a pretty standard response now, which goes a little something like this.

You hear a lot about how there is no best and that its the right for the person and its all junk. The question though depends a little bit on what a person is asking. Is it best made meaning construction and materials. Is it best such as most straight forward. Is it best like in most wins on tour. Or are you looking for best that is going to be the best of the best and make you a better golfer. When I finally give the response the comeback is almost always "interesting, but what about this one, I heard this was better". Why ask me then?

Another favorite happened on the range this morning. A stranger was watching more strangers hit balls on FlightScope. He said "That one won't work for people with hooks, its a hook machine because it has extra weight in the heel and is offset". I started talking to him and we were talking about how he heard that the driver had 3 grams more weight in the heel (which is true), so I asked him what driver he played. He told me what it was and I said, you realize the difference in shaft adapters between the brand you are calling heel bias and the driver you play is 6 grams more in the heel for the one you play? He looked at me like I was speaking Russian.

We talked for a while and he was a pretty nice guy. I was able to give him a bit of an education on construction and metal woods and he was thankful. I say all of this not to boast about knowledge, just to say that the people of THP are here to help and the education achieved will always be the right one, from the experts.

What happens a lot of times is buzz words come and go and are talked about as gospel online, but the fact of the matter remains that a lot of times, its regurgitation of ******** because the original is slightly off.

Anyway, thats my story for the day.

Meetings all day long. My ear hurts and I'm hungry. Worse thing is I feel I'm going through THP withdrawals right now.

Class. Group project meetings. Lunch. Golf :D

My parents were fairly early adopters of the rear projection HDTV as well, it was 61" Mitsubishi and it was awesome at the time, which was 2000-2001 sometime. After college they gave it to me and I had that massive tv in a small apartment until it died in 2010-2011.

Nuff said
6ebcc0c8ab4196c7f9550d571a08272a.jpg

Go easy Pete! Hope it's not your drinking hand bro
It's not. Pretty much the only thing I can do with my left hand--hold a beer.

Also (not for the squeamish):

Spoiler
23a3810a427dd37703ac1f41e97e76f9.jpg

I adore the Equipment Companies in one word threads. Some of them really make me laugh...haha

I adore the Equipment Companies in one word threads. Some of them really make me laugh...haha

Interesting to see some comments, which seem to be the same from years ago even though quite a bit has changed over that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back