Lone Star Shootout

Kevin Coleman

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok,

In an effort to meet more THPers, I thought it would be fun to try and get a group of guys from Houston and DFW out at a neutral site to play some golf. Let me know if you can play, I'm thinking we can play 36 with a lunch break in between. What do ya'll think?

We will play TBD at Pine Dunes.

Awards:

• Golf Digest: Coveted & Prestigious 4 1/2 Star Rating!
  • Golfweek: #1 course in Texas on the 2015 list of "Best Courses You Can Play"
  • Golf Digest: #6 on America's Best New Upscale Public Courses, 2002
  • Golf Magazine: Honorable Mention as "One of the Top Courses You Can Play"
  • Golf Digest: Best value in America, 2004
  • Golfweek: #1 course in Texas (2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014)

Follow this link to let me know your availability and I will pick a date that can accommodate the population best.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SSFQC7L

Can we get 4 from each city and then set up a 4 nine hole format like this... 2 man scramble, best ball, alternate shot, individual match play?

I will update this first post with the teams as they fill.

South TX:
1)
2)
3)
4)

North TX:
1)
2)
3)
4)

If you are listed as tentative and can participate on this date, let me know...

Tentative:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Last edited:
You may want to link this post to the DFW and Houston area threads. This thing will fill up faster than a Baylor offensive possession leading to a TD.

Lol, I just did. Thanks!

You may want to link this post to the DFW and Houston area threads. This thing will fill up faster than a Baylor offensive possession leading to a TD.

Errrrr.......that's my wife's birthday weekend and then I leave for a week long golf trip on July 19th so that's not looking good for me. If you moved it back a week or 2 I could probably do it but if you get enough people don't worry about it!

Nate, good to know. The next week is #TheCup. I will see what availability looks like for this weekend, but this is still in the early stages and I just wanted to put something out there rather than simply continuing to talk about it...

One of those analysis by paralysis types of things I was trying to avoid.

Errrrr.......that's my wife's birthday weekend and then I leave for a week long golf trip on July 19th so that's not looking good for me. If you moved it back a week or 2 I could probably do it but if you get enough people don't worry about it!

Nate, good to know. The next week is #TheCup. I will see what availability looks like for this weekend, but this is still in the early stages and I just wanted to put something out there rather than simply continuing to talk about it...

One of those analysis by paralysis types of things I was trying to avoid.

Sorry, moving back was ment as a moving up a week or 2 thing. Like a moving up to July 2nd or 9th. :D

Sorry, moving back was ment as a moving up a week or 2 thing. Like a moving up to July 2nd or 9th. :D

Oh ok. I'll take a look.

Nate, would June 18th work for you? This is the weekend between the two Regional Rivalries up north. I know those don't affect us, so should be fine.

San Antonio and South Texas being left out like the small markets we are again or can we scab for the city of our choice? :act-up:

San Antonio and South Texas being left out like the small markets we are again or can we scab for the city of our choice? :act-up:

I'm glad you chimed in!!! Please I would love for y'all to join!

I'm glad you chimed in!!! Please I would love for y'all to join!

Pine Dunes... about 4.5-5 hours from SA... I think I could pull that off. So, before I go and beg for permission from the CFO, put me down as a tentative.

I'm definitely down! I know that the following weekends for sure are out for me; I should be relatively flexible, otherwise.

June 25-26
July 9-10

Pine Dunes... about 4.5-5 hours from SA... I think I could pull that off. So, before I go and beg for permission from the CFO, put me down as a tentative.

Who with? H-Town or DFW?

Who with? H-Town or DFW?

Lets see how it fills out and if other people from this area of Texas chime in. Hell, we might be able to fill our own team and then have to get creative about a three way head to head.

Lets see how it fills out and if other people from this area of Texas chime in. Hell, we might be able to fill our own team and then have to get creative about a three way head to head.

That would be great!

This date looks like it will work for me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Any special deals for playing 36?

I'd throw my name in the hat, however, we're hoping to be living in AZ by the time this comes around. If not, I'd be in...

Keep your eye on the dates buddy, the WGC VIP trip you won is this summer too.

Oh I know, 6/30-7/3. That takes COMPLETE precedent over anything without question. :)

Tourney dates...not necessarily travel dates though I should add...

Any special deals for playing 36?

The replay is 1/2 price.

Oh I know, 6/30-7/3. That takes COMPLETE precedent over anything without question. :)

Tourney dates...not necessarily travel dates though I should add...

Does this mean that 6/18 works for you?

Nate, would June 18th work for you? This is the weekend between the two Regional Rivalries up north. I know those don't affect us, so should be fine.

And now you picked my other big vacation week. LOL. I'm out 6/10 - 6/19

Back