Breaking Down the Mizuno JPX 919 Series

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently we had a chance to visit the Mizuno Test Center, just outside Atlanta, GA and our goal was to help explain the JPX 919 iron lineup. Follow as Canadan hits balls with each model and Mizuno equipment expert Chris Voshall explains the technology. If you are looking for info on the Mizuno JPX 919 Series, this is the ultimate video to help you understand the differences and similarities between the models.

Posted in the 919 thread as well but this was super informative, thank you.

I want a combo set quite badly....

• Admin
And we cannot urge enough, that if you have a big monitor or TV, watch it in full screen. Shot in 4K the picture looks like @Canadan is hitting golf balls right at you.

I’m really enjoying all the access into Mizuno and Chris. Has really opened up the brand for me.

Great job Canadan, hosting while hitting balls while avoiding a camera right in front of you is some serious multitasking.

From their lineup, I’m immediately drawn to the Hot Metals. Need all the help I can get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to consider the hot metals, or HMpro after seeing that huge sh1t eating grin Dan had after puring a few

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I will have to consider the hot metals, or HMpro after seeing that huge sh1t eating grin Dan had after puring a few

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Genuine surprise at the sound and results from the hot metal pros. Was my first time hitting them.

No wonder they’ve got some traction on tour in the long irons.

What a great job breaking down differences and similarities between the sets. Fantastic info and really cleared up questions i had about the releases. Another fascistic video!

That was a lot of fun! Great way to learn about the difference between the lines. Those 919 Forged and Hot Metal Pros sound right up my alley.

And we cannot urge enough, that if you have a big monitor or TV, watch it in full screen. Shot in 4K the picture looks like @Canadan is hitting golf balls right at you.

Computer monitor at work is only 32", however went straight to 4k as soon as I saw it was available. Was not disappointed. Dan's swing looks good at any resolution though.

I hit the Hot Metal Pros right there with the Apex Forged. I went Apex, but they were so close, I sometimes second guess my choice. Amazing clubs! I may just buy a set in a few months.

I love to watch Canadan hit balls, effortless.

very cool. I got fit into the 919 forged earlier this year. I purposefully went in without much knowledge of newer clubs coming from a set of x-14s. the mizunos won vs other manufacturers, but the fitter didn't suggest to try the hotmetal pro and keep wondering if that might have been even better. lots to like about the whole line.

Canadan is searching for ways to buy chromoly.

A friend has all sorts of chromoly.....as hes building a roll cage for his race car lol

Hey @JB, was this the "oh %^&$" moment where Chromoly won me over?

Hot Metal Pro? More like Hot Metal Whoa!
Oh Good Golly it's Chromoly!

c72a078db572f4ef1a90139c1d995ea9.jpg

The pop up in the video says yes

That look is priceless!

A combo of the Hot metal pros and the 919 forged sounds like a legit setup. Would there be gapping issues due to the hotter face of the hot metal pro?

These videos get better and better. That was a fantastic way to describe the different irons. It helps me being a newer golfer understand the differences.I will be watching that on the big screen later!

These videos get better and better. That was a fantastic way to describe the different irons. It helps me being a newer golfer understand the differences.I will be watching that on the big screen later!

Thank you DoubleB. It was a lot of fun to shoot and we hope it helps anybody looking for information as CV breaks down the series.

This picture, is amazing.

Cool video. Always like Chris explaining Mizuno clubs, very informative. Even better in this video is the ball striking I could only dream of. Couldn't see where they were going but the fact that there wasn't one fat or thin shot amazed me because it's something that never ever happens with me. Can pretty much count on horrible strikes quite often. Great job Canadan and I hope you're grateful that golf is easy for you because for many people like me it's anything but easy.

Finally got to watch this video, awesome to see the look on Dan's face on the first strike of the HM Pro!! Great video.

Back