Player Throws Driver into Water at US Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lucas Bjerregaard started on the back 9 and was 3 over as he stepped to 18. He hit 2 balls into the water and then his 3rd out of bounds. He then hit 3 wood and found the earth.
His next swing was a bit different as he threw his Titleist TS3 off the cliff into the water.

I'm sure Titleist wasn't very happy with that.

Thank goodness I have mellowed with age but I can relate. I hope he does not get a huge backlash, golf is hard mmmkay.

That’s funny. I remember seeing Charlie Hoffman toss his putter in the water once and then putt with a wedge. I thought that was hilarious

I saw this. Hilarious! I'm sure he will have a brand new one though today.

I've thought it was classless previously and still believe that it's classless.

I understand being frustrated but I am not sure throwing it the water is really the most professional reaction. I would not be thrilled if I was the Titleist at all. As a professional he needs to be a brand ambassador for his sponsors. His mistake is not their fault and they shouldn't have to get the negative publicity. I mean can you imagine a THPer tossing their new driver in the water at an event where they are sponsored by the brand partnering with THP? Crazy bad decision in my book.

oh crap!! is there video?

Haha really? Where's the video!

Yep always the arrow and never the Indian.

Well sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! It’s the drivers fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh crap!! is there video?

I dint see any on a quick look through Twitter and YouTube. But someone has to have it. Has to.

What was the carry on the throw? 280+?

I know he's a good player and has earned his staff status, but this kind of stuff irks me. We can't afford to throw drivers in oceans, because it comes out of our pockets to replace them. It also comes out of our pockets to replace his.

I hope there is video...with shotlink on it...

Mr. Beer Garden can do whatever he wants when hes not on my Draft Kings lineups lol.

This stuff doesnt bother me too much. I find it entertaining for some reason.

Not a good look for a promising young player

Stupid move - littering in California is a steep penalty

Btdt in my younger days. But I agree, shouldn’t stoop to that level.

I like what John Daly did at The Memorial circa 2003. He approached the group surrounding the ball deep in the rough (which included me) and handed the driver to the guy standing beside me. The guy looked confused so Daly told him to keep it, that he didn’t want it anymore. Finished his round hitting 3w off the tee, lol. Classic Daly.

That was a Titleist too!

Tiger throws clubs all the time and people still seem to be fans. Granted I don’t think they have ever been into the ocean that I know of. I’m guessing most will forget about this pretty quickly as most probably don’t even know who he is to begin with.

I know Rory fired a 3 iron into the drink a couple of years ago during a tournament. I guess since it was a lake instead of the ocean it is different.....

Not a big deal, kinda makes him look like a baby but that’s up to him I guess. Wonder if anyone fished it out.

Back