I have never seen a bunker wash out like this before.

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was practicing at the short game area and saw this in the bunker and thought it was beautiful.

I have worked at many golf courses and have never seen it wash out like this.

Attachments

• AF211E4E-0BDD-480F-ACA5-2FC8F284EFE8.jpeg
    AF211E4E-0BDD-480F-ACA5-2FC8F284EFE8.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
That is a new one to me. I just see our bunkers turn into mini lakes after a hard rain.

Mini lakes or something that resembles the grand canyon on 1/64th scale

That is a new one to me. I just see our bunkers turn into mini lakes after a hard rain.

That's because your bunkers are more rock than sand :act-up:

That's because your bunkers are more rock than sand :act-up:
True that. You forgot about the dirt! There is infinitely more sand in the divot fill bottles on the carts than there is actual sand in the traps.

True that. You forgot about the dirt! There is infinitely more sand in the divot fill bottles on the carts than there is actual sand in the traps.
Better than the fluffy baby powder they put in at Hilaman.

Better than the fluffy baby powder they put in at Hilaman.
That is true as well. Been a while since I have played out there but no that you mention it I remember it.

Never seen it, definitely looks cool though.

All of the bunkers including fairway bunkers at the course I belong to have these high, sweeping lips. They drain well after heavy rains but all of the sand up top washes down to the center of the bunker exposing the gravel underneath. Then when the maintenance people shovel the sand back up the slopes the bottom is left with little sand and a lot of exposed pebbles.

Back