Personal Score Card Idea

Awstyn

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm grinding my membership and at work trying to think of aids to improve my game.
First task, understanding where I'm at. Wanted a good/simple way to record my rounds especially around the greens where I loose most of my strokes.

Made up this card, wondering if anyone here does something simular or has suggestions.

card.jpg

I haven't thought of doing that but its a good idea

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool. Some options you could do by playing the same course a ton.

- Scan it and print a bunch of copies. Bring a new one each time you play.
- Make note of pin positions each time you play/yardage.
- Make notes of where your approach shots finish and what the resulting score is. Think Green Dot for areas in which you birdied, blue for par, orange bogey, red double + etc. Could put a number next to the dot of what club you hit.
- Have a main scoresheet that takes into account every shot from every round (a collection of all the data you gather). This would show you the history of your shotmaking into each hole. Think filled with colored dots. May help with limiting mistakes by avoiding certain areas.

Or you could try and correcting write down the speeds and slopes of the greens but that would be difficult for me IMO

I feel like the Shotscope V2 that I have already gives me a lot of the information I need in this aspect. If it's a course I play a lot, I already know where I miss and what I should do to improve my score. I think my problem is actually doing it and not letting my "greed" cost me...which is often the case. Not to mention I don't have the time or concentration to mark all of that during a round.

That being said...let us know how you use it and what benefit you see.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool. Some options you could do by playing the same course a ton.

- Scan it and print a bunch of copies. Bring a new one each time you play.
- Make note of pin positions each time you play/yardage.
- Make notes of where your approach shots finish and what the resulting score is. Think Green Dot for areas in which you birdied, blue for par, orange bogey, red double + etc. Could put a number next to the dot of what club you hit.
- Have a main scoresheet that takes into account every shot from every round (a collection of all the data you gather). This would show you the history of your shotmaking into each hole. Think filled with colored dots. May help with limiting mistakes by avoiding certain areas.

Or you could try and correcting write down the speeds and slopes of the greens but that would be difficult for me IMO

Good ideas. I have printed off a bunch and have a master. A5 size so if I fold them down the middle line I'm hoping it fits well on the cart clip and is easy to use. (plenty of room if using my push cart)
Unless anyone has format suggestions, I'll wait and follow up after trying this weekend.

Back