What is the Secret of Golf?

Jim Bloodworth

Reaction score
Handicap
What is the Secret of Golf? How do we get good at this game?

Keep left arm Straight?
Keep our head down?
Practice?
Get New Clubs?
Take it serious or just have fun?
Why do we Play this game?
This game is hard.

I love this game. Let me know the Secret of this Game.

It is a game that can be played but never won. It can be very humbling and very exciting at the same time.

Simply breathing with a smile is the most important thing for me.

Enjoying it.

Don't take it too seriously.

Short game, short game and more short game. It depends what you want out of it but always try to have fun

The secret of golf? Just enjoy it!

The secret.......... Wait for it.............there isn't one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Enjoying it.

Don't take it too seriously.
Cookie is absolutely right....we all play this game for enjoyment, and friendships.....

Wait. That's something else entirely. The secret to golf is

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Realize that youre not as good as they are on TV, and enjoy the game you have; however bad, or good, that is.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

If you don't know the secret you aren't ready for it...:D

Seriously though, I don't think there is any secret to golf, but it sure is humbling.

Heck, I don't know lol. Just hit the damn ball, find it, and hit it again.

Leave your expectations in your car.
Approach each shot with the right mindset.
Focus on the target, not the impact.

The more I play, the more I think these are the biggest, most important secrets to golf.

It's much, much easier if you you start playing this wonderful game at age 14 or younger.

BEER of course

No wife/kids, time to practice 30 hours a week.

Wait. That's something else entirely. The secret to golf is

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Funny reference, I wonder how many will get it?

My secret is to enjoy the good and let go of the bad. That usually keeps me happy.

Funny reference, I wonder how many will get it?

My secret is to enjoy the good and let go of the bad. That usually keeps me happy.

42 made me laugh also. I wonder how many know the meaning behind it.

The secret is, as mentioned above, that there is no secret. All motion is learned motion. All you can do is pick a method/teacher that works for you and try your best to make it second nature.

to me the secret is managing expectations. goals are great, but keep them realistic. i expect to par every hole. that's an unreasonable expectation. when i rattle off a few bogeys, i get upset. but i'm not good enough to get upset. so by managing expectations and understanding that i should be making bogeys, the game becomes a lot more fun.

but if you're asking the secret to getting good at golf, there's a heap of God-given talent that needs to be there. there's a dedication of time and money that must be there. and there is a mental fortitude that must be present.

There is no secret to golf. Golf is like anything else in life. There are some that are great and there are some that are not. Everyone else falls some where between.

The secret to golf, enjoy every second on the course, good or bad. You never know if it will be your last round or when your next round might happen.

Back