The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too buddy. Up early, work in peace. Get caught up and then let the day begin.

I had an agent friend of mine years ago that said "If you are up at 5am, you better either be returning emails or buying diapers, otherwise nothing good is going to come of it"
I must be crazy, but I LOVE being at the office at 5-6 in the morning, I can get so much done before 8, when everyone comes in, they chatter begins and the noise makes it impossible to work around here

I must be crazy, but I LOVE being at the office at 5-6 in the morning, I can get so much done before 8, when everyone comes in, they chatter begins and the noise makes it impossible to work around here

I know what you're saying, but I'm the opposite. I'll do some work from home after the family has gone to bed and stay up til 1am sometimes. I don't even get up til after 7am the next morning. Nice being able to flex my time a little that way.

I just got yelled at by a custodian.

For being 3 minutes late to my classroom.

Seriously?
Is he a frustrated teacher? or just generally have a power complex?

I know what you're saying, but I'm the opposite. I'll do some work from home after the family has gone to bed and stay up til 1am sometimes. I don't even get up til after 7am the next morning. Nice being able to flex my time a little that way.

yeah, the only thing is, if I am at the office at 5, I can easily justify leaving at 2-3 pm for a round of golf :alien2:

yeah, the only thing is, if I am at the office at 5, I can easily justify leaving at 2-3 pm for a round of golf :alien2:

You are a smart man, Marty :)

I love starting early means I'm done early to golf or work around the house or both. I had a delivery I used to make and I'd leave at 3am be back at 12:30-1 and done for the day. It was awesome to have the rest of the day off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For KulbRick, since he gave me crap about not having it signed by the big guy last time around:

804a460f6c3d9b6c821551a50285f799.jpg

I just got yelled at by a custodian.

For being 3 minutes late to my classroom.

Seriously?

Did he catch you looking in the basement files?

Well they got in!!! Now I just have to sell a useless organ to pay for it. Lol
Congratulations! Yes it's expensive, but it is part of ensuring that your children have all of the opportunities that you can provide.

Thanks to private school, our daughter was able to challenge some courses every year of her undergraduate school. Additionally, she developed study habits that helped her through graduate school.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Just watched someone at work pour a 10oz cup of coffee and use FIVE creamers and SEVEN packs of sugar

Gotta do something to make coffee taste as good as it smells!

At the hospital with my dad, signing him in for his knee replacement surgery. He had his first one done in 1993, that ones now failing so it's time for another bionic knee. Any thoughts and prayers you guys could send his way would be appreciated. Poor guy's going to be stuck in here on his 65th birthday.

At the hospital with my dad, signing him in for his knee replacement surgery. He had his first one done in 1993, that ones now failing so it's time for another bionic knee. Any thoughts and prayers you guys could send his way would be appreciated. Poor guy's going to be stuck in here on his 65th birthday.

Thoughts and prayers just sent up! He will be fine and better than ever!

Hope he heals well. Maybe he'll have a young, cute nurse on his birthday.

Hope he heals well. Maybe he'll have a young, cute nurse on his birthday.

That's what he's hoping for, too! :banana:

I just got home, the procedure's anticipated to take 3 hours. They're not going to reuse anything from the original knee replacement, it's all brand new. One of my best friends who I've known since I was 13 and golf with all the time requested to be on his case, so he came down and chatted with us for a bit about what they'd be doing. Then we talked about getting fitted and Cobra's new iron lines, which my dad loved and kept him nice and relaxed. The hospital will call me when he's in the recovery room, once he's out of there I'll head back for a while to bring him his personal things and hang out for a bit to keep him company.

Thoughts and prayers for him Russ. Tell him you know a guy who had both done and it was a piece of cake. As he probably well knows the rehab work will make all the difference in his recovery.

Thoughts and prayers for him Russ. Tell him you know a guy who had both done and it was a piece of cake. As he probably well knows the rehab work will make all the difference in his recovery.

He's been in so much pain the past 3 months from the old replacement failing that the recovery and PT on this one should be easy for him. At least that's what he says!

His goal is to be back out golfing with my son and I by the end of the summer.

He's been in so much pain the past 3 months from the old replacement failing that the recovery and PT on this one should be easy for him. At least that's what he says!

His goal is to be back out golfing with my son and I by the end of the summer.
I can relate to the pain!!

Having a goal to shoot for is huge in my opinon for rehab. My rehab was during the winter and I told my PT by the time April 1 came, I wanted to be able to able to make full swings and get 18 holes in. I accomplished both by early March and the only thing that made it that long was the winter keeping me from getting out for 18 holes.

It's different for everyone, but my surgeon told me I should be able to chip and putt after 4 weeks, and be making full swings in 8 weeks. He was pretty much right on target.

Airports are fun.

Or not.

Mostly not.

I'd imagine not if you are headed to another awesome THP event. Hopefully the TSA agents are nice to you.
Didn't get questioned on the various club heads in my carryon this time. #Winning

Didn't get questioned on the various club heads in my carryon this time. #Winning

I wondered if they'd ask about those... No issues for me. I did however get the torture of watching a TSA agent go through my travel bag, remove clubs for testing of some sort and put them back in. Fingers crossed that everything comes through ok on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back