Feeling super happy to have achieved a goal

BobA

Reaction score
Handicap
This year I decided to take up the game again after a 7 year layoff. When I quit the game I was a mid 90’s player with the very occasional sub 90 and was Often suckered into the aggressive play. Now, a year shy of the big six oh, with a noticeably slower swing I consciously decided to play more conservatively and to buy new, “game improvement” gear. Well, here is the goal achievement: last four rounds played ( Sat Sun of last weekend, yesterday and today ) scores are 89 89 88 88. For me this is simply great and I feel like the long layoff and aging actually did me good.

I just wanted to share and, perhaps, inspire those who are struggling ?

Cheers,

Bob

Good for you and welcome back to the game!

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations Bob, well played.

What are your new game improvement clubs?

Nice work!!

Great work!

Congrats, Bob!

Well done!

Congrats and hope you have continued success.

Nice! Consistency!!

Good job!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

This year I decided to take up the game again after a 7 year layoff. When I quit the game I was a mid 90’s player with the very occasional sub 90 and was Often suckered into the aggressive play. Now, a year shy of the big six oh, with a noticeably slower swing I consciously decided to play more conservatively and to buy new, “game improvement” gear. Well, here is the goal achievement: last four rounds played ( Sat Sun of last weekend, yesterday and today ) scores are 89 89 88 88. For me this is simply great and I feel like the long layoff and aging actually did me good.

I just wanted to share and, perhaps, inspire those who are struggling

Cheers,

Bob
Congrats, Bob! This game is great when we achieve our goals.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Congrats on the achievement, Bob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done, Bob. I can only dream of my nest four rounds going that well!

Well done Bob! Thanks for sharing and keep it rolling!

Congratulations Bob, well played.

What are your new game improvement clubs?

Well - I jumped in the buying spree with both feet. I don’t live close to a golf store so all was “online fingers crossed hope I like it purchasing“ Bought as follows:
FMax Superlite driver ( and a used M2 D which I think I like better though results appear about the same );
2017 model FMax Woods 3 and 5 and hybrids 4 and 5 ( I am not sure about these and will likely sell off all four clubs )
Cleveland HB 3 Hybrid ( awesomeness- has made me realize what all the fuss about hybrids is about !)
FMax irons - very easy to use ( maybe a wee bit too much game improvement looking for me though )
CBX wedges ( outstanding- these are the cats posterior and are just great to use - so much so I’ve ordered CBX irons !)

Benefits of being older with grown family is that a guy can go a bit spendy and not worry too much lol.

I have also changed golf ball - I used to be all about the Pro V1 but now I’m playing E6 soft and Srixon soft and, for me, they work better.

Congrats that is awesome.

Awesome! Congrats!

Way to go, Bob!

I just wanted to share and, perhaps, inspire those who are struggling ?

Cheers,

Bob

My story has many similar elements to yours. I had a 7 year hiatus from golf. I am now 59. I never thought I would be able to get my index back to where it was. I certainly don’t have the club speed I once did, but like you, I am finding I can still score. Awesome story! Thanks for sharing it.

Welcome to THP! And congrats, that’s some steady playing. I rarely have two consecutive rounds within 7-8 strokes of each other, let alone that kind of steady play.

I'd love to have a weekend like that. Congrats.

Back