Odd Kuchar Ruling

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday during coverage Kuchar received a drop near the green for a supposed sprinkler near his stance. Official comes over, deems "no drop", so Kuchar calls for a 2nd opinion and Slugger White grants relief. I am confused by this, am I alone?

• Admin
How many tries do you get before you have to just accept the ruling?

Until you get Slugger White if you are Kuchar I guess : )

How many tries do you get before you have to just accept the ruling?

You’re allowed to ask a second ruling, if he really believed it merited relief, I don’t blame him.

I think if the rest of this year hadn’t happens for Kuch, this is a non story for most.

I watched him do the same thing last week with his ball in the fairway; he asked for a second opinion - still a no go so he asked for a third hahaha.

I don't have a job where I can ask for second or third opinions haha.

He did this exact same thing at the memorial. I used to really like Kuch but man, he’s not helping his image with these constant situations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
You’re allowed to ask a second ruling, if he really believed it merited relief, I don’t blame him.

I think if the rest of this year hadn’t happens for Kuch, this is a non story for most.

You might be right, but he is getting pretty known for this. A few weeks ago, he had the pitch mark "incident" which was hysterical. His ball came to rest near a pitch mark. Official said it wasn't his. Kuchar asked for a 2nd. 2nd said it wasn't his. He then requested to watch the film, thankfully Cox told him no. The funny part in the whole sequence was during the post round interview when Fowler yelled "cheat" laughing as he walked by.

I don't like the ability to ask 2nd and 3rd opinions until you get the answer you want. Might as well just put all the onus on the players and their playing partners at this point.

I don't like the ability to ask 2nd and 3rd opinions until you get the answer you want. Might as well just put all the onus on the players and their playing partners at this point.

That second opinion could say no as well though, and if/when that happens then the player is forced to accept and move on.

The ability to get a second ruling has been around forrrreeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvveeeeeerrrrr (cue Sandlot voice)

And fwiw, I agree he’s pushing it, but, I do still believe more eyes are on him now and it’s noticed a lot more.

That second opinion could say no as well though, and if/when that happens then the player is forced to accept and move on.

The ability to get a second ruling has been around forrrreeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvveeeeeerrrrr (cue Sandlot voice)

Right. Except in Kuchar's last case, the 2nd opinion did say no, and he argued for another 5 minutes about wanting to see the video.
I loved Fowler's smirk as he yelled cheat though. It was said in jest I am sure, but was funny.

I watched him do the same thing last week with his ball in the fairway; he asked for a second opinion - still a no go so he asked for a third hahaha.

I don't have a job where I can ask for second or third opinions haha.

The third opinion is an oof, hahaha

Unless at that point you’re just asking for the head official to come over.

Seems like the 3rd time this year. Is this year an anomaly or, has he always been this way?

Odd Kuchar Ruling

Seems like the 3rd time this year. Is this year an anomaly or, has he always been this way?

I’m betting has always been, and it’s just now noticed because of the other craziness

An argument could be made that the corduroy-hush puppy look was more offensive.

I don’t really have a problem with this one, second opinions are fine. The previous incident joking about the 3rd opinion and the argument he was making was off though. He’s having the best season of his career and then has all this (much of it self inflicted imo) incidents going on. Just weird.

Still seems like a nice guy, but is coming close to projecting an image of wanting to take advantage of situations. It’s a fine line there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back