THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I'll have my first competitive round of the year on Wednesday in a league. Anxious to see how it goes.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
You got this. :act-up:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'll have my first competitive round of the year on Wednesday in a league. Anxious to see how it goes.

That will get the juices flowing, good luck!

Pretty big signup for another event in this region this week.
#TheCup is coming.

I'm certain you will do well. Enjoy it.

Man I'm looking forward to getting out today. Playing RNK this afternoon. I haven't hit a real golf ball with a full swing in 2 weeks. This could be a good thing, or a very bad thing......

Man I'm looking forward to getting out today. Playing RNK this afternoon. I haven't hit a real golf ball with a full swing in 2 weeks. This could be a good thing, or a very bad thing......
Good luck and enjoy the round. Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the course.

You got this. :act-up:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That will get the juices flowing, good luck!

I'm certain you will do well. Enjoy it.

Thanks guys, I plan on getting some range work in before then, to try and go in with some good feelings. it's just the first week of a 9 hole league, but every competitive round the next three months will take on added meaning and be building towards July 9th.

Getting out to play is always a good thing, regardless of the final tally.

Hope to gets some range time in the next two days while packing and pippin for Club clash. Excited to play two great courses I haven't seen before and hang with some old thp friends and meet some new ones.

Hope everyone here tries for the cup...I know I'm entering

Unable to do much this weekend, work and family. Going to get some putting in this week, and maybe some short game work. I'm afraid to work on full swing stuff until after my lesson on Sunday. Then I'll work a lot on whatever comes out of that so that I can scare all the Carolina guys at the practice round on the 23rd. (or at least not embarrass myself).

I've been MIA for a while. Just wanted to give a big congrats to all the participants. Good luck and should be great time. Looking forward to following along.

(all that winter work for nothing for me...lol)

Play nine every Tuesday/Thursday morning before the CC opens. Groundskeeper trusts us enough to avoid the days when frost is an issue. Well it rained last Thursday morning, and tomorrow? Looks like rain. I wanna kick Mother Nature in the shins.

I've been MIA for a while. Just wanted to give a big congrats to all the participants. Good luck and should be great time. Looking forward to following along.

(all that winter work for nothing for me...lol)

Nope, you still owe me and Golfinnut an outing!

I'm toast for the next two. In the meantime we can pick up one more has been/never was and see if the RR squad will muster and take us on :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copied from the practice/range thread:

Chipping work today:
Started working on just a few little chips off the fringe to a pin 4 paces on.

Then moved to five yards off the green and worked on a 50/50 carry to roll ratio with the AW

Then from the same spot with a 9 iron worked on a 1 X 3 carry to roll ratio from about 20 yards.

I would love to say the were all perfect, they weren't. But the important part was I had a plan or focus and if I miss hit a pitch analyzed what went wrong and usually corrected it on the next one.

I did this until I got 3 straight chips/pitch to within 5 feet.

Hope to gets some range time in the next two days while packing and pippin for Club clash. Excited to play two great courses I haven't seen before and hang with some old thp friends and meet some new ones.

Hope everyone here tries for the cup...I know I'm entering
Trying to get into the Cup is a given. I don't know how many great events I can get into but I plan on trying for as many as I can!!

Played RNK. The course is coming into shape. They plugged the greens earlier than they said last month, but they roll great. The fairways are starting to turn green in spots, but the dormant Bermuda plays well too. I saw pins in spots today I have never seen before, made play very interesting. I think everyone is going to have a memorable experience come this July. What a great course.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I've been absent for the last three weeks playing golf and taking care of the baby.

Have a tourney Monday to measure where my game is. I plan on winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had plans on hitting the range after these meetings the last 2 days, but nothing has worked out... definitely going tomorrow, and probably Thursday. Playing the Bridges Saturday!

Back