Club identification

MisterCGX

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, this my first post here so I hope this the right board for this.
I have this lovely macgregor iron set but I can't find information about them. When I google macgregor vip iron only one picture pops up that looks the same as these.

So I thought maybe someone on this forum knows more about them. I'm especially interested in what period they were produced.

Thanks in advance for the help :)
12632a91ad829a7f200c718500288cee.jpg
4fcf0a787f17381f9ad2754f6c5cad64.jpg
187e823d615119526ba59a700e16cc9c.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Looks like a McGregor to me. No idea the year but that looks early 70s if not older.

They are definitely macgregor
2db31f7b96913a7954e0c09c1af2ea89.jpg

Going off memory here, but 67 or 68 I believe had the crowns on the end of the scoring lines, but my memory says they looked different than these.
They made a set in the 90s that was a remake of this classic version. Do you know what is behind the lead tape?

Going off memory here, but 67 or 68 I believe had the crowns on the end of the scoring lines, but my memory says they looked different than these.
They made a set in the 90s that was a remake of this classic version. Do you know what is behind the lead tape?
There is nothing behind the lead tape just glorious forged blade iron

I don't know a lot about iron history but I can imagine that the quality and or technology hasn't changed that much through the years on these kind of clubs. But if there has been they feel and look very well made up close

There is nothing behind the lead tape just glorious forged blade iron

I don't know a lot about iron history but I can imagine that the quality and or technology hasn't changed that much through the years on these kind of clubs. But if there has been they feel and look very well made up close

There has actually been quite a bit that has changed, especially with more CG work. Hosel changes have allowed a more centered CG and even multi materials have come into play. Then add in general, manufacturing has gotten a ton better over the years.
Can you tell me what is stamped on the hosel?

There has actually been quite a bit that has changed, especially with more CG work. Hosel changes have allowed a more centered CG and even multi materials have come into play. Then add in general, manufacturing has gotten a ton better over the years.
Can you tell me what is stamped on the hosel?
It says forged lb
0ed928ff5b523dd7a1a434b7513e830e.jpg

Okay, going off memory here, but I believe the LB stands for Long Blade.
I believe those are from the early 90s.

Okay, going off memory here, but I believe the LB stands for Long Blade.
I believe those are from the early 90s.
Thanks man, I'm sure they should hold up well then :)

Since I have done some more digging some people say these are from the custom department by Don White

Since I have done some more digging some people say these are from the custom department by Don White

Reach out to National Custom Works as DW works there now and I’d bet he’d be able to confirm and/or tell you more.

Back